JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not like dead dying but color dying. I have some body armor that is white and I want to dye it black. Anybody know how to do it or what to use? Any help is great. I'm talking about just the cover/carrier, not the ballistic panles.

Its a liquid paint, so you would have to spray it on somehow. Any spray gun will work tho. Its about $4 per bottle... could find someone who airbrushes in your area and have them do it, wouldn't take long.

What is RIT dye? How do you apply it?

RIT dye is easy to use and commonly applied using a wash machine or stovetop. You can buy it in fabric stores and even in some grocery stores. I have even used the RIT liquid type of dye to stain maple tomahawk handles. If you will be dying your carrier black you may well wish to stain it blue first. RIT has a website that will give you good information.

personally I'd use RIT dye..
That's what I was going to suggest. Like for doing tie-dye shirts.

Alternatively if you wanted to go with the first idea, I can't find 'em on the Harbor Freight site now, but I'm sure I've seen in the store 'refillable aerosol sprayers' -- look like hair-spray cans, with a screw-on lid and some means for pressurizing 'em -- likely a Schrader valve.

MrB

Thanks for all the ideas. I just looked online and I can buy a brand new carrier for 20 bucks. I think I'm just going to go that route.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top