JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was at this very dutch bro's last week late at night. I noticed what seemed to be an outline of a large frame glock under the baristas shirt. At the time I thought to myself that there's no way i'd do that mans job without the same protection.....

I'm sure most if not all of Eugene feels a little safer after this, and it's all due to the barista.

One thing to keep in mind is that many of the companies that implement "no weapons in the workplace" policies do so not because they are anti-2nd amendment, but because they are trying to shield themselves from legal liability in the event that a workplace violence incident occurs. In the litigious society that we live in, people tend to sue those with the deepest pockets whether they have any responsibility for what happened or not. While I 100% support the barista's right to carry and the actions he took to defend himself, the sad reality is that if one of his shots had missed and struck an innocent bystander, that bystander (or his family) would undoubtedly hire himself a shyster lawyer and sue Dutch Bros. for millions of dollars. Its hard to blame Dutch Bros or any other company for trying to shield itself from such a potential liability. The underlying problem here is a legal system that would wind up punishing an innocent company instead of the criminal whose actions caused the problem in the first place.

Never had it myself, however it couldn't be any worse than Starbucks.

Or is it?

I can't explain it, but each time me and the wife tried a DB coffee (different time, location, and type of drink) we had to choke the first sip down, then we poured out the rest. However, I've heard that they're non-coffee drinks are rather good... but what's the point? Plus I HATE the lids they use... it's like drinking from a kids' sippy cup... wuddup wif dat? :s0131:

Hey just for reference-- here are the DB locations in Portland, if you wanna show support/drop off a letter/ask the baristas to tell the owners you support their employee's right to legally defend themselves...
514 SE Belmont
6710 SE. Foster
13640 SE Division

now lets see if the survivng relatives of sirus combs file a civil suit. I have seen this happen many times thru the years....thnxs to dirt bag ambulance chasing lawyers.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top