JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just heard on the news that the employee involved in the recent Dutch Bros shooting will be allowed to keep his job. He was in violation of company policy. Any future changes to company policy will not be made public. Many thanks to the owners/management for standing behind this employee. And thanks to everyone that showed support via emails and such.:s0155:

(Not sure if this news warranted a new thread, but I think it's pretty important)

Betcha they changed the company policy of carrying at work. But as it reads that wont be public knowledge......

Betcha they changed the company policy of carrying at work. But as it reads that wont be public knowledge......

Betcha they didn't. The no carry at work policy gives them somewhat of a legal out if someone that is carrying against company policy is involved in a bad shoot. They can wash their hands of them then.

The company I work for has "no weapons in the workplace" language written in the Employee Manual despite the fact that the owner, my boss, is an NRA instructor and he knows that I carry in the office every day. It's all about legal liability.

That's great to here. A company standing behind one of it's employee. At lease that is the way I take it.

While I appreciate that fact that they didn't fire the employee, I would be real curious to find out if his continued employment is upon the condition that he no longer carries at work. If he is allowed to carry at work I will believe the company is really standing by him, if not their support is mere lip service.

I am glad DB did the right thing- by not firing the employee...The outcome could have been a whole lot different if he wasn't protecting himself and his co-workers! I will continue buying my coffee at DB...

Let this be a message to the the bad guys- we will protect ourselves if we feel our life is threanted!

He violated company policy, so when he returns from his paid leave they can give him a "verbal warning" along with a handshake and a big hug.

I highly doubt that they will change their "no guns in the workplace" policy, due to potential liability issues. But, as we have seen here, the policy itself is less of an issue than the manner in which it is enforced and the consequnces for breaking it.

If I owned and was financially liable for a coffee stand and its employees, I too would have a "no guns in the workplace" policy. And if a good employee with a CHL violated that policy and capped an armed robber, I would go thru the motions of giving him a verbal warning...promptly followed with a bonus check and a hearty "thank you" for saving the life of his coworkers.

While I appreciate that fact that they didn't fire the employee, I would be real curious to find out if his continued employment is upon the condition that he no longer carries at work. If he is allowed to carry at work I will believe the company is really standing by him, if not their support is mere lip service.

The best policy here would be..."don't ask, don't tell.":s0155:

I heard on the radio that they were giving him 30 days of paid time to decide if he was coming back to work and that they stood behind him 100%. I thought that was great news. I will stop getting my coffee anywhere else!

I agree! I wish I could support them by buying their coffee, but it really is the worst coffee I've ever had.

WEEEEEeeeell...

You say worst but you don't really mean that. You're forgetting that godawful stuff known as "instant coffee." Worst you can buy from a coffee shop perhaps. :)

Also, there is this one ancient vending machine thingy that makes coffee at an indoor archery range near me, I bought it one time just to see what would happen. I got some light brown-ish water with a bean floating in it. mmmm.:s0114:

WEEEEEeeeell...

You say worst but you don't really mean that. You're forgetting that godawful stuff known as "instant coffee." Worst you can buy from a coffee shop perhaps. :)

Also, there is this one ancient vending machine thingy that makes coffee at an indoor archery range near me, I bought it one time just to see what would happen. I got some light brown-ish water with a bean floating in it. mmmm.:s0114:

I'll give you the "ancient vending machine thingy" because I've never tried it, but I'd rather have instant than the coffee I've had at Dutch Bros! Not only did their coffee taste like (i imagine) dirty dish water, but it also burnt the **** out of my tongue ruining my meals for the next two days! :D

Dr. Spock can kiss my arse... If you pull a gun on someone, you should expect they will defend themselves... If more bad guy's that pulled a gun died, less would pull guns.. It is just a fact of life.. Anyone that says you can cure evil with passiveness is in denial... If you lose a hand when you steal, you can only steal twice.... Hmmm, powerful actions = powerful lessons...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top