JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Dutch Bros. barista shoots, kills robber in Eugene | OregonLive.com

Interesting article of Dutch Bros employee in Eugene using his 2nd Amendment rights to defend the Dutch Bros kiosk he was working and perhaps, his own life. It seems he got into a shootout with the robber and killed him. The other robber fled the scene.

FYI, I have been to this Dutch Bros Kiosk many times, so this article really hit home for me. This is the Dutch Bros kiosk right near the freeway right after you leave the college. You would think this is a safe area and that no problems would ever occur here. However, times are changing and the raging drug problem in Eugene is resulting in some very desperate people.

This guy will probably be rewarded by Dutch Bros by the firing of him. Of course, this is due to their No-Gun Policy.

If they do fire him, I'd boycott the bums. I wish I had a business to hire him if that happens. It disgusts me when employees are let go because they chose to exercise their right to self defense. Would it please the owners more if their employees were sacrificed in the name of corporate policy,image,political correctness,and just plain naivety? Sometimes you just have to wonder how they were raised. They are true sheep.

I think its great the employee defended himself.
If more employees in more of the high risk jobs were allowed to carry and were trained properly to do so then Mr criminal would possibly think twice before attempting the crime.

Another example of a decision to carry whether lawful or possibly not(the rules of the business vs rules of law) with the possible outcome being you saved your life(and potentially others) but now you pay the consequences. Too bad we need to be forced into these difficult decisions at times but it is life in a basically anti gun society.

Would it please the owners more if their employees were sacrificed in the name of corporate policy,image,political correctness,and just plain naivety?
It would seem that way but the nagging question I have is what did DB lose out of this? Do they believe this has damaged their business in some way? What do they (or any company with a no weapons rule) believe the advantage is? Apparently I am missing something here. If so someone please enlighten me.

Not to be rude but this is a repost. The other thread has more info as we'll as links to contact dutch bros in support of the employee. I highly recommend you send DB a letter with your thoughts.

It would seem that way but the nagging question I have is what did DB lose out of this? Do they believe this has damaged their business in some way? What do they (or any company with a no weapons rule) believe the advantage is? Apparently I am missing something here. If so someone please enlighten me.

Its a liability issue. A company is generally liable for the actions of its employees while they are on the clock. It can also be held liable for failing to take reasonable precautions to prevent "workplace violence". As long as there are litigants with a victim mentality who will hire shyster lawyers for BS lawsuits, companies will have no choice but to protect themselves from such lawsuits by implementing absurd rules.

Good for the employee for protecting them self... Anyone know the statistics on robbery and the "being robbed" getting shot after giving the robber what they ask for??? seems from what i read all too often its...

-- give me your money
-- ok.. here you go
-- BANG BANG the victim is laying there dead

Bad for the company for frowning upon this activity...

I support the employee 100%. I had a business trip a few years ago to the mid-east and had the opportunity to visit chop chop square. 1st offense for robbery/theft is losing your hand.

Seems they have a much lower crime rate from an effective justice system.

an additional aspect to consider: not only did the employee's action very likely have saved his own life, plus prevent monetary loss due to robbery, he could have potentially saved numerous other lives....it is unlikely this robbery attempt was the only such act by the dirtbag, nor would it have likely been his last....but now he can't do anything except decompose

an additional aspect to consider: not only did the employee's action very likely have saved his own life, plus prevent monetary loss due to robbery, he could have potentially saved numerous other lives....it is unlikely this robbery attempt was the only such act by the dirtbag, nor would it have likely been his last....but now he can't do anything except decompose
I would put good money down betting this was not the first person he tried to rob, but defiantly his last. What about the damage to the shop... Yes the coffee shop could be rebuilt, but still. He stopped all the further damage that would have come along.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top