JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
See that's interesting, because you're applying an extremely vague interpretation of a social movement that can literally mean anything to anyone and if you polled 100 different people who claim they are part of the movement they would likely give you lots of reasons centered around how black people's lives literally matter but it would then range immensely after that as to what that statement implies.

For example, black baby lives matter to plan parenthood as a "cash cow" in the abortion industry but somehow I don't think that is what they are implying.

Black American lives matter to the democrat party when they are voting democrat, and they tend to matter a lot more around election cycle but after that it gets a bit hazy. If they don't vote democrat how much their life matters seems to wain as well, but I don't think that is what they are implying.

Black American lives matter to the white leftists as a virtue signaling "I'm a good person" front yard sign, bumper sticker, and t-shirt while they send their children to private schools with extremely small if any black student populations and live in neighborhoods that are extremely low in black neighbors, if any, but I don't think that is what they are implying.

Black lives matter when they are killed by police, they REALLY matter when they are killed by white policeman, but the typical weekend murders all year in Chicago don't really seem to matter because 100 people can be shot in a weekend, 20 of them can die and it won't make the national news cycle like 1 dead black drug addict killed by a white cop.

Then we can see pictures of marches and 50 different slogans implying 50 different actions to be taken can be seen in the same "movement" with the title "black lives matter."

You'll have to excuse me for not seeing a clearly defined social movement here with the title "black lives matter."

Because very few Americans likely disagree with that statement as long as it is included under the umbrella of "life matters"

It's a bit tribalistic to specifically reference one skin tone, which is where I believe the message loses a lot of otherwise very rational people. Life matters, as a society we should be more respectful of life, our own lives, other people's lives, regardless of skin tone.

Where this rhetoric loses a lot of people is in the numbers. If we are talking about saving lives. Yelling at the police for the nominal number of people they kill every year (which most often are considered "clean shoots") is nothing in comparison to the annual death toll from other sources.

If it's only about police intervention resulting in death, teaching people to not fight with cops will save more lives than telling cops to stop shooting people who are fighting with them. It also doesn't help that black Americans per capita kill a disproportionate amount of police ever year so statically there is a higher chance of police being killed in their interactions with black Americans than other Americans and that might lead police to be a bit "jumpy" as a result.
i didnt read past the first sentence or two, but for clarity - to all supporters of BLM, the overarching idea, as i said, is that black people are disproportionately victims of police brutality and that needs to stop.

nope - ill stop you..... thats it. thats the movement. thats what we are all focused on and talking about. subgroups within the movement maybe be interested more or less in different aspects of the movement - better police training, defunding and demilitarizing police, funding social services, etc... but the overarching theme is society must change policing so that black people are targeted less.

thats it dude. you could poll 100,000, 1,000,000, 10,000,000 people who profess to support BLM and this is the response youre going to get. thats what a social movement looks like.

i didnt read past the first sentence or two, but for clarity - to all supporters of BLM, the overarching idea, as i said, is that black people are disproportionately victims of police brutality and that needs to stop.

nope - ill stop you..... thats it. thats the movement. thats what we are all focused on and talking about. subgroups within the movement maybe be interested more or less in different aspects of the movement - better police training, defunding and demilitarizing police, funding social services, etc... but the overarching theme is society must change policing so that black people are targeted less.

thats it dude. you could poll 100,000, 1,000,000, 10,000,000 people who profess to support BLM and this is the response youre going to get. thats what a social movement looks like.
I didn't read any of it past the first 9 words.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads