JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does any one have any experience with Duracoat ?

I thought I might try some on an old AR receiver.

Any local (OREGON) sources ? Thanks

I use Norrells finish result looks factory and it really durable

both it and duracoat are mail order

duracoat requires mixing norrells does not

i uses duracoat once and it plugged up the airbrush they sent with the kit may have been a defective brush i got some norrells and a cheap harbor freight airbrush and can take old parts and make them look new again

I had an M16A1 upper reciever and barrel duracoated to match my Eagle Arms lower. I was able to choose the color and its a 99 percent match. It looks like a brand new rifle now. I had a local gunsmith here in Oregon City do it. PM me and I'll send you his email.

Thanks for the info on the Duracoat. I was originally thinking about a do it yourself project, but there doesn't seem to be a local source for it. I hear that you have to pay an additional haz-mat fee for shipping that is quite hefty.

He did it for $150.
This is the result. The flash of the camera tends to accentuate the difference but to the naked eye its a near perfect match.

341.jpg

i use it all the time with excellent results and i apply it with a harbor freight air brush real easy to do.Unless the guy is supplying the paint he should not be charging more than 50 bucks tops it would take about 15-20 minutes to do it and a 10 minute clean up

The best way to apply duracoat and expect it to last as long as it should and be durable is to fist either bead blast the part or parkerize the part first. This is the way it was meant to be applied. And yes it will cost more that $ 50.00. Customer never should have to supply the duracoat.

David at Trident Industries is duracoating a slide for my wife...He charging 65 for the disamebly, painting and assembly with a clear coat. He can be reach by email at [email protected] or phone 541-760-5489

I can't vouch for his work yet, but in talking to him on the phone and though emails he seem reasonable and willing to work though the details that we want. I update my posting when the slide returns...

+1 on Trident Industries.... he has done A BUNCH of guns for me - top notch all the way around...

He did both of my Saigas:
IMG_2525.jpg

He did the M4 in this photo:

DSCF0762.jpg

He did the mag and furniture in this photo:

IMG_2467.jpg

He did the digital ar in this photo

Here is an example of his parkerizing on the AK and SKS in this photo:

MASHmulticam.jpg

+1 on Trident Industries.... he has done A BUNCH of guns for me - top notch all the way around...

He did both of my Saigas:
IMG_2525.jpg

He did the M4 in this photo:

DSCF0762.jpg

He did the mag and furniture in this photo:

IMG_2467.jpg

He did the digital ar in this photo

Here is an example of his parkerizing on the AK and SKS in this photo:

MASHmulticam.jpg

What did you have to pay for the digital AR job if you don't mind me asking,
I've been checking into pricing to have a couple of mine done and the price has been scarey.

Ok you guys talked me into it, **** i used to paint cars, how hard can it be well i looked up Duracoat on the internet and ordered some paint and camo stencils and we are off and running, well attached are the results. I think this is great paint and easy to use, i would recomend it to any first time painter it is very forgiving, and the quality is above average.

TEC-9-2-5.jpg

TEC-9-2-2.jpg :s0155:

Well I have gotten the slide back from Dave! My just loves the color (goddess purple) I'll try to get decent pictures of it soon. The only pictures I have the flash makes color wash out.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top