JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gunwizard is correct...I purchased a couple of kits from Duracoat. They also supply a DVD that shows you the steps to go through to do it right. On that DVD they bead blast the part first to remove any of the old finish and contamination that mught be on the surface. Then with cotton gloves so you don't get any finger prints on your piece, start spraying. The airbrush that you get with a kit is not a very good airbrush. It is worth the quality to purchase a higher end airbrush. I did the desert digital camo on my underfolder AK and my FAL. I am happy with the way they turned out. :s0155:

I picked up a small HVLP spray gun at Harbor Fraight for $9.99 it worked grate, i think it sprays better than my high dollar Binks guns i use to spay cars with

I am going to DuraCoat my Hi-power soon. It's going to be pink and stainless, yes I am a girl. I put a little time into doing this, first I bead blast then park it, then paint. I found that this method makes the Paint more durable.

I am going to DuraCoat my Hi-power soon. It's going to be pink and stainless, yes I am a girl. I put a little time into doing this, first I bead blast then park it, then paint. I found that this method makes the Paint more durable.

I'm not sure bead blasting and all the other stuff is worth what your getting out of it, although bead blasting is nice but sometimes sanding and painting over the factor finish works better due to the way the finish is applied in the factory.
This duracoat finish seems to be pretty durable and it goes on nice, i found if you add 10 to 20% thinner in the mix it has alot smoother finish.

Ack! please say the hi-power is rusted and beat to heck and back... if it's remotely decent leave it as is and duracoat something else

Painted this SKS for a friend of mine, he wanted to trade for a nice .40 pistol but he couldn't get enough money out of it so i decided to do him a favor and give it a digital job, turned out great i think, he is defiantly happy.

I did beed blast this one and i do think it is the best way to go, I also sanded after for a smoother finish on some of the parts.
This gun is now for sale on here for $750 or trade for a nice pistol if you know anyone that is ineterested.
SKS-09.jpg
SKS-08.jpg

This is my latest camo job, it's my Ruger 338 win mag, this is my primary hunting rifle, i am pretty happy with how it turned out. This camo job is why i got into this stuff, they wanted $950 plus $75 for this job.

This is a DPM woodland camo pattern with five colors.
GUNGALLERY006-1.jpg
Also did a upper on a H&K USP for a guy in Matte Black.

GUNGALLERY009-1.jpg

I'm having a ball doing these guns, starting on another 338 for a guy next week with the same DPM Woodland pattern but with some different colors.

:s0155: :cool:

It seems this is a good product..as far as cosmetics..but I still haven't seen any info on long term durability..resistance to solvents..etc.. Can anyone speak to these..from experience?

I see where some mention removal of the existing finish..before applying.. That would seem a bit ill advised if this product isn't extremely durable and long lasting..

Well i haven't been using it long enough to be and expert but i spent quite abit of time on the net asking the same question, i couldn't find anybody saying bad things about it, here is one link to a forum talking about the duribility, <broken link removed>
I have been doing a lot of testing of my own and i am finding there is no problems with any kind of cleaning solvents and gun oils i use, it even holds up to paint thinners after it cures, i rubbed it with lacquer thinner after two weeks and didn't do anything.
The HK in the picture when i was putting it back together after one hour in the oven and another 10 hours of cure time, i went to tap in a roll pin and missed and hit the new paint all it did was leave a little mark.

I am very happy with this product. :s0155:

Steve,

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews