Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Duracoat????

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Double Stack, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Double Stack

Double Stack Oregon Member

Can someone tell me where to pickup some Duracoat in Eugene? I’m looking to change the color of one of my Leupold scope’s from a matte black to stainless steel. This will be my first Duracoat.

Thank you, Joe

2. yotehunter

yotehunter north west Active Member

I too want to know where to get some in the Portland area

3. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

I wouldn't recommend duracoat on a scope, but instead KG guncoat or Cerkoat and for those you will need to order online as I don't think stores actually carry the stuff.

SF-

4. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

As far as I know, There is no local dealers in the northwest for duracoat DIY. You have to order it on line. Do a google search and you will find the web site. I think it something like Laeur weaponery...not suree

5. Double Stack

Thanks guy's- that's why it felt like i called every place under the sun with no luck.

Silver Fox,
    Thank you, i'll look into those.

6. Double Stack

Ok guy’s I painted my scope!!.

My next question is- has anybody used a local busness to paint their firearm with DuraCoat? I’ve found places on the net that I can pick a pattern, pick the colors of paint, and let them knock it out, but I still would have to send it to them.

So are there shops in oregon that go off the DuraCoat catalog, and have a good reputation for their work? Or Duracoat shops that do great work period?

Thanks guy’s!!

7. werner

werner St Helens, Oregon Member

+1... can you duracote a factory wood stock if preped properly?

8. RockKrawler

RockKrawler Gresham Member

I have my wifes AR at Koonce Gunsmithing in Salem having a Duracoat paint job being done.
    Since i am very picky about who works on my firearms,he is highly recommended by myself and many others on here, Todd does very good work.
    Or you can PM a member on here,SJS46 and check with him.
    RK

9. coopone

coopone Beaverton Active Member

I just emailed these guys out of West Linn for pricing. I want to get my M4 and AR10 painted.

10. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Isn't Cerakote supposed to be baked on? Can you do that to a scope?

11. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

SMW Custom Guns. Phone is (503) 730-4808

His name is Scott, and I couldn't recommend him more highly. He is in Oregon City. Passionate about his work and he is a perfectionist. Tell him Aaron with the k98 sent you. I like him to know that he is getting some business from word of mouth based on the quality of his work.

12. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

13. Vernonst

Vernonst Cornelius New Member

It's been a while since this post was active. I'm looking for a shop in the Portland/Beaverton area to duracoat a ruger lcp frame. Looking to get it done for my wife. Any recommendations? Thanks!

14. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

buy an airbrush and do it yourself!

15. Vernonst

Vernonst Cornelius New Member

I was thinking about it. They even sell aerosol cans. But I've seen a few vids where people messed up or it just turns out looking cheap/bad. Have you done it? Pretty easy to do a good job? I don't want to mess up a gun. Especially one I'm giving to my wife.