Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

DuraCoat?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Frog, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Frog

Frog Vancouver, Washington Member

I'm sure someone has used this product.

Any comments?

I found a guy locally, who's doing applications from his shop at home. I'm considering having the slide only done on my P6 in Digital Camo, kinda like whats available for the mosquito. Is this worth $150?

Any 'watch out for' or cautions?

Any and all input is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Frog.

2. rl280

rl280 OREGON Member

I've seen some work from SJS46, looks great.:thumbup:

3. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I think $150 is a bit high for slide only work. If that were a full gun, it would be more reasonable. I keep hesitating to use duracoat myself, and am curious to see the opinions of actual users.

4. Frog

Frog Vancouver, Washington Member

I agree, I thought $150 was high also, although I went to the site that sells it, and they don't give that stuff away! Plus I didn't mention that I'm wanting it done in the digital camo, like the way the Mosquito can be bought.

The camo template, paint and clear coat is about $ 90.00, with shipping. So $150 isn't a bad price.

He has pictures of some of the guns he's done, and all look nice.

Like you, I'am curious to see the opinions of other actual users.

Frog.

5. UncalledForGabe

UncalledForGabe Aloha Or. Member

Sherwin Williams sells a finish called polane t. Apparently its the same stuff but a **** of a lot cheaper.

6. fromotoc

fromotoc Downtown Portland, OR Member

This. It is.

And $150 for a slide digi-camo'd sounds high. Sure, it's $90 for the kit but the person doing it will probably use half of the paint, and there are much cheaper templates ($10) online that most pros use, here http://catalog.bulldogarms.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=6 .

7. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

Cool Sight. The Rhodesian Camo looks like something in Cabela's. True Rhodie camo is baby puke green with splatters of loose gobs baby diarrhea yellow.

SF-

8. torpedoman

torpedoman land of corrupt politicians Member

If you can use a spray can you can do it yourself with a harbor freight air brush. Donot order their thinner and shipping goes way down and you can use thinner bought locally.