Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Duracoat -- Where can I buy some Locally ?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by glockguy, Nov 30, 2010.

1. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

2. UncalledForGabe

UncalledForGabe Aloha Or. Member

I had a thread just like this. Still no luck. I ended up getting a whole gallon of Sherwin Williams Polane instead. Heck, you should just get it hard chromed. its a waaaaaaaay superior finish.

3. gunfreak

gunfreak Boise Well-Known Member

I got mine from Brownells but they have really scaled back there selection of colors midwayusa.com they are all on sale now. The link below makes it super easy to apply. Did my 870 and rem 700 with one kit.

Preval | Affordable & Portable Aerosol Spray System

4. kenno

kenno eastern WA Active Member

Heck just spray it with a rattle can then Clear Coat it with Duracoat Matt Clear

5. gunfreak

gunfreak Boise Well-Known Member

I've done that. It sucks and it is not much more to do the duracoat $20 and the preval sprayer at NAPA $5 and have a durable great looking firearm.

6. Keys1971

Keys1971 Oregon City Active Member

You can try a guy in Oregon City. He runs a company from his garage called Firearms Restoration. His number is (503) 730-4808. He refinished my Kimber in a flat black and it looks awesome.

7. gunwizard

gunwizard Oregon New Member

I haven't found anyone local to purchase duracoat paint, I get my from Lauer custom weaponry. Their DVD sucks, but good people to deal with.
    Yes you have to pay for hazard material cost.

I use it all the time on firearms, even painted my car wheels last summer, still perfect.

8. gsxrrider

gsxrrider NW Oregon New Member

I haven't found anybody locally either, I wish somebody would though! Maybe talk the gun stores into selling it? But then again if it was sold locally I would probably spend a lot more money on the stuff...I just might end up duracoating my house....:laugh:

9. lilsqueve2003

lilsqueve2003 Eugene Member

Tell them Korey sent you. They do LOTS of stuff like this. They are located in springfield oregon. (541) 746-8660 is the number

10. Ragingpit

Ragingpit Rochester,WA Member

You should post pics of that Kimber....