JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It seems to me, based on what you guys say, that Duracoat is a highly thinned Polane. They offer Polane in mostly primary colors and black and white. I think you could mix up some sweet custom colors, but nobody wants to buy all those different color either. Any recommendations on thinner for Polane?

I would find out from Jason exactly what he is using because he sounds like he uses it alot and i find six differant kinds of Polane on Sherwin Williams web site. As for reducers you would want to buy what ever they are recommending for the paint your buying and it dosen't need to be thinned to match Duracoat you just want to be careful about a high the build of material is were you may not want it, i just had that problem with a gun i recently coated with Duracoat:(
They have serveral differant kinds of reducer and catalyst you could use, i would let them know what your doing with it, try to find an experianced sales person that knows something about it and that appears hard to find, and I would experiment on something besides your gun first, you will have plenty to practice with:s0114:

Let me know how it works for ya.

Steve,

I have a Polane project going on right now. I am using Polane T in white. Each type of polane uses its own type of reducer and catalyst. The white comes in one gallon size but most colors are in 5 gallon buckets. The white was 108.00 a gallon and the catalyst was about 65-70 and a gallon of reducer was 32.00 . You need the reducer to clean your paint gun with. Not much else seems to cut it. The info I got was you could reduce it down 30%. I used it on a Benelli M2 for a base coat. I did not reduce it and it came out in a textured pattern. It took a full 24 hours to set up hard enough to touch and move around. I like the looks of it and am going to paint my river jet boat with it. Should be easy to touch up any damage I do the boat. They even make a Polane filler you can use to fill in imperfections and then cover with the color coat. I am going over the Polane T with Leupold dark earth Duracoat tomorrow. I guess I will see what happens. With a can of white and a can of black you can mix up a million shades of gray. Shelf life in the years, not the months, like Duracoat. John

heres a good example of some duracoat app 10-22b.jpg 10-22c.jpg 10-22e.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads