JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Back in MY DAY, the sugar cereals were just taking off, and all the kids I knew always had that stuff! Our family was old school Wheaties, Cheerio's, or Raisin Bran. I still prefer Raisin Bran to all the others!
Still..................

1585961959093.png

My folks never bought dunkaroos for my brother or I, I dreamed of the televised goodies as a young boy that never appeared in our cupboards. We never went hungry, although I was the kid at lunch who would walk around after finishing his and see if fellow classmates were going to finish theirs. And no I wasnt the fat kid, i was 3rd to last on picture day, short and skinny, but strong. On a rare occasion a squeesit or flintstones push up would appear, we made our popcicles out of a tray with frozen canned juice. And eating out consisted of mcdonalds for dinner maybe once a month. Birthdays and Christmas was always special though. And boxed cereals were always a treat over the bagged stuff. Now a days I feel like a millionare able to toss whatever I want into my grocery basket. I sure would like to try another frozen charleston chew though..... I havent seen one in decades. Fun nostalgic thread.
My mom made these out of concentrated orange juice. I remember them tasting better than store bought pop-cycles (where water is cheaper than concentrate).
She had this little set, maybe it was Wearever. The metal mold had a hole with a rubber grommet for a seal in it. You put a round stick through the hole, then added the liquid and froze it. To get it out of the mold after freezing, you ran tap water over the mold for a surface melt, then angled the stick some and the finished product would drop out of the mold. Years later, Tupperware came out with plastic molds, then others.
Hell ya, my mom made the with coolaid and something like these.

1585962736331.jpeg

Reno

Neverland
Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter

Messages9,156Reactions20,098
Today at 8:11 AM
If you grew up in the 90s, or raised a kid in the 90s for those here a little older, you knew of these delicious cocaine filled treats. Like the post. Like nostalgia. And I'm way too old to remember these, they just were not there when I was young. However, am I a bit looney or what. Did you say "cocaine" filled treats?
Cocaine and refined sugar have similar affects on the human brain. These weren't filled with cocaine. Just it's sugary cousin. Here is a picture of one or the other. Can you honestly say you know which of the two it is?

1585962897529.jpeg

Back in MY DAY, the sugar cereals were just taking off, and all the kids I knew always had that stuff! Our family was old school Wheaties, Cheerio's, or Raisin Bran. I still prefer Raisin Bran to all the others!
Still..................

View attachment 679063

Me too. We never got sugary cereal. Cheerios and Raisin Bran were a treat for us, otherwise it was Corn Flakes, Shredded Wheat, and Grape Nuts (I could never eat Grape Nuts, thought they were terrible). My kids have no idea how spoiled they are; my wife buys them the "good stuff" from time to time.

How about Saturday morning cartoons, anyone? That's another thing my kids have no idea about.
It was a big deal when I was a kid. We waited all week to get up early on Saturday. We watched whatever was on either of the two only channels we got. One channel came in pretty good, and we could usually get the second one OK if we turned the antenna just right.

Many a time I'd be out in the rain by the side of the house, turning the pole the antenna was on above the house, yelling through a window to my sister, "How about now?!" "No, just a little more", "No, turn it back!"

I can vaguelely remember when my folks bought their first color TV, sometime in the mid '70s. Nowadays kids have anything they want to watch at their fingertips at any time. They have no idea.

Remember "Ramblin Rod" morning cartoons" during the week?
And the Saturday morning Cartoons were even better, that was when all the "good" ones were on like Johnny Dangerous, Scooby Doo, the Fat Albert and the Cosby kids, Hong Kong phooey, Sea Lab 2020, and those live programs like Jason of Star Command, and The Lost Saucer!
Later on we had "The Great Space Coaster" as an after school show! Remember the School House Rock, Yea, those were cool too! I feel bad for kids today, they get all these new sponge bob, trolls, and frozen crap that gets cranked out super cheesy!

Remember "Ramblin Rod" morning cartoons" during the week?
And the Saturday morning Cartoons were even better, that was when all the "good" ones were on like Johnny Dangerous, Scooby Doo, the Fat Albert and the Cosby kids, Hong Kong phooey, Sea Lab 2020, and those live programs like Jason of Star Command, and The Lost Saucer!
Later on we had "The Great Space Coaster" as an after school show! Remember the School House Rock, Yea, those were cool too! I feel bad for kids today, they get all these new sponge bob, trolls, and frozen crap that gets cranked out super cheesy!

Yep
And I was on ramblin rod. It was a little weird but, I got through it. All those buttons

Frosted Mini Wheats where the cereal of choice in my family. I can only imagine how many boxes of that stuff our family ate!

BTW, rumor is that Keto helps keep the Corona from going out of control in your lungs if you get it
As a doctor friend of mine once said, "Keto, eat like humans did when the average life span was 26." After the cardio I did today, going to share a few moments with my kids and eat a few Oreos with milk.

Balance.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top