JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My reading comprehension must be way off.

I didn't read any negativity, just different observations.

My bit of nostalgia, my favorite TV commercial: 9 out of 10 doctors recommend Lucky Strikes.

Doctors touting the health benefit of smoking cigarettes...now that's some nostalgia.

I also remember a wheel chair bound doctor who chain smoked while he examined me for some malady or other...good times.

I didn't think we were being negative either. Expecting everyone to get all excited isn't very realistic and opinions will certainly vary. That's what forums are all about. :)

Doctors touting the health benefit of smoking cigarettes...now that's some nostalgia.

When I was young I had a doctor tell me there was an era in which members of his profession actually prescribed smoking for people with "a nervous disposition".:confused:

I mean, who can shoot a mini-14 without saying "I love it when a plan comes together"

Haha. Well, I read they brought back the 80s folding stocks for the Mini, if one wants to kick it old school.

05-1.jpg

Man @No_Regerts that picture of a pack of Squeezeits sent me back!

I recall when they did a promo, you had to collect a bunch of the tops and mail them in for a toy.

I didn't think we were being negative either. Expecting everyone to get all excited isn't very realistic and opinions will certainly vary. That's what forums are all about. :)
Im admittedly on edge, and how dare anyone not get excited about Dunkaroos!

1585948459902.gif

Kind wish I'd see this at a corner store. I'd probably buy one for memory sake, then spit it out after realizing they are terrible. Used to ride our bikes all the way to the nearest gas station and pay in random collected coins a 5-8 year old had.

1585948687534.jpeg

My folks never bought dunkaroos for my brother or I, I dreamed of the televised goodies as a young boy that never appeared in our cupboards. We never went hungry, although I was the kid at lunch who would walk around after finishing his and see if fellow classmates were going to finish theirs. And no I wasnt the fat kid, i was 3rd to last on picture day, short and skinny, but strong. On a rare occasion a squeesit or flintstones push up would appear, we made our popcicles out of a tray with frozen canned juice. And eating out consisted of mcdonalds for dinner maybe once a month. Birthdays and Christmas was always special though. And boxed cereals were always a treat over the bagged stuff. Now a days I feel like a millionare able to toss whatever I want into my grocery basket. I sure would like to try another frozen charleston chew though..... I havent seen one in decades. Fun nostalgic thread.

we made our popcicles out of a tray with frozen canned juice

My mom made these out of concentrated orange juice. I remember them tasting better than store bought pop-cycles (where water is cheaper than concentrate).
She had this little set, maybe it was Wearever. The metal mold had a hole with a rubber grommet for a seal in it. You put a round stick through the hole, then added the liquid and froze it. To get it out of the mold after freezing, you ran tap water over the mold for a surface melt, then angled the stick some and the finished product would drop out of the mold. Years later, Tupperware came out with plastic molds, then others.

Speaking of Wearever kitchen ware products. Those were some of the best pre-teflon things you could buy. They'd last forever as their name suggested. Just this past couple of days, I've been using one I got from my mom. I remember using this implement when I was ten years old. Before the microwave oven came along, we had to use other methods to heat food. One that I used was steaming. If I had a pastry to heat, I'd steam it in the Wearever pan for ten minutes, then take it out and slather butter over the top. Which would then melt into the nice, moist pastry. Mrs. Merkt makes cinnamon rolls from time to time, best eaten the same day made. But she doesn't make just a day's worth. So the ones eaten later need heating and the microwave tends to dry them out and make them hard. So the past couple of days, I've reverted to the old timey steaming.

We had popcorn to pop! Haha
Or a yellow box cake.
My parents made money, but we weren't spoiled.
Tell you what I loved, nesquick. Chocolate milk!!! Loved it!!!! Still do once in a while. But our kids hammer than and it's gone fast!

Reno

Neverland
Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter

Messages9,156Reactions20,098
Today at 8:11 AM
If you grew up in the 90s, or raised a kid in the 90s for those here a little older, you knew of these delicious cocaine filled treats. Like the post. Like nostalgia. And I'm way too old to remember these, they just were not there when I was young. However, am I a bit looney or what. Did you say "cocaine" filled treats?

Reno

Neverland
Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter

Messages9,156Reactions20,098
Today at 8:11 AM
If you grew up in the 90s, or raised a kid in the 90s for those here a little older, you knew of these delicious cocaine filled treats. Like the post. Like nostalgia. And I'm way too old to remember these, they just were not there when I was young. However, am I a bit looney or what. Did you say "cocaine" filled treats?

Yeah, the 90's were more meth. Cocaine was 70s/80s. Maybe he meant they filled them with meth

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top