JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dude do you need a hug? I think maybe you're taking yourself a little too seriously.
Nah, just down with all this Corona Virus crap. Not trying to take it out on anyone, just truly didn't expect this thread to turn into what it did.

Nah, just down with all this Corona Virus crap. Not trying to take it out on anyone, just truly didn't expect this thread to turn into what it did.

To hell with social distancing. I'm picking up a part at Jeremy's today hopefully and I'd be happy to meet you there and give you a great big hug.

Shirts are optional.

:p:s0108::s0140:

How this thread went down.

slap.gif

To hell with social distancing. I'm picking up a part at Jeremy's today hopefully and I'd be happy to meet you there and give you a great big hug.

Shirts are optional.

:p:s0108::s0140:
Damn, was at his place earlier picking up a 10/22 receiver. Yep, another...

I was raised by a middle class family in the suburbs of Sparks Nevada. I'm grateful to have been able to get this as a treat in my lunches. My parents worked hard to give my two brothers and I, a good childhood. I shouldn't even have to post this. Im not even the least bit sorry about the way my life was.

These little things bring a smile to my face, especially in times like now. They bring me back to my school days. Sitting at the cafeteria table with all the other kids of my class, eating lunch, then going outside and playing for recess.

Having them return would be a great pick me up from time to time. I could go for one right now actually, especially with all the comments here about them being crap and blah blah blah.

So much negativity to such a simple thing. I've had enough negativity in the last 4 weeks, and sadly more is to come.

Normally I'd apologize for even starting a thread like this that turns into something negative, but honestly I'm not apologetic if this time. I'm happy thinking about this stuff. I feel bad those here don't have similar things to think about and are grumpy and negative.

I do find irony in some of the posts and their owners. Especially since they post up in other places about smoking cigars and chewing tobacco.

To each there own. If the moderators want to make this thread disappear so be it. That would probably be best since it turned so negative, and we already have enough of that here on NWFA lately.

It's about nostalgia. I totally get it. I hadn't heard of them myself; I graduated high school in '90 and my oldest kid didn't come along until well into the next decade, but it's not about the cookies- it's about the nostalgia.

To those who say they grew up and are over sugary carp like that, when you come across something some day that triggers good memories and the nostalgia of youth, no matter how childish it might seem to others, you'll understand. That can be a good thing, and yeah, it's a weird time right now, one of the weirdest times in my life. Personally I don't mind a little nostalgia once in a while. Thanks for posting, Reno!

Lol rare form I guess.

Was excited to share a little bit of nostalgia from my time as a kid in the 90s.

Especially with all that is going on.

Guess my annoyance showed a little there, just didn't expect to get bubblegum on so quickly into a thread that I was sure would be positive.

I guess Covid 19 has been taking a dump in everyone's morning coffee!

Same thing Ray thought before the Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man showed up!

Nostalgia is a funny thing. Good memories can sure effect your objective judgement.

For example, I was talking with coworkers a while back about old TV shows. One of them opined that "The A Team" was terrible, one of the dumbest TV shows ever made. I found myself getting quite offended. I was the perfect age back then to have enjoyed it immensely. I remember excitedly awaiting every episode each week.

I watched a few episodes recently on Netflix. Yeah, it's just not quite the same. I still love it for the memories, but it really was pretty bad, by modern standards. My boys watched it with me and laughed. They liked it because it was "Dad's show", but didn't make past a few episodes. :) I guess my tastes have changed a bit over the years...

Wow! Talk about good memories! Loved dunkaroos as a kid growing up in the 90's. My mom would pack them in our lunch on very rare occasions as a "special treat". Thanks for bringing a little happiness to my day @Reno. Don't think I would indulge in them today but would love to pick up a box for my kids, to share with them.

What's with the picture of the sleeping society about to get fallen on by a camo soldier representing corona virus and WW3, is that from Dunkeroos packaging?

I'd never heard of these. I asked Mrs. Merkt, she said she remembers having seen the product.

I go back to Necco wafers (recently discontinued, I've heard), Jujyfruits (dentist's friend), Red Hots, stuff like that. When I was about 10years old, the Jolly Rancher Fire Stix became available where I lived. Followed soon after by Apple Stix and Watermelon Stix. Now they have a whole raft of flavors. When I was a kid, candy bars cost a dime. If you didn't have a dime, you could get a pack of gum or a roll of Lifesavers for a nickel. In high school I worked part time in a retail liquor store in the middle to late 1960's. We sold packs of cigarettes for upper twenty cents. When the 100's (long cigarettes) came out, they cost extra, thirty cents a pack. Cigarette variety was much greater then too, we must've stocked at least forty, maybe fifty different brands and packagings. By packaging, I mean like soft pack, hard pack.

So much negativity to such a simple thing. I've had enough negativity in the last 4 weeks, and sadly more is to come.

I honestly hope my post did not across like that, but now I can see how it would. Even though I never heard of this item, nor would consume said now, it did make me think of my childhood days which I (generally) remember with great fondness.

I think, on a macro level, one way or another, we're all feeling the strain a bit. Some are cooped up at home, while others, like yours-truly, have been working at their occupations to a point well past exhaustion. All with specter of a global pandemic. Daydreaming back to youthful times is a nice diversion. So, I should have responded more thoughtfully, and having read the other comments more closely.

It's about nostalgia. I totally get it.

Exactly.

My reading comprehension must be way off.

I didn't read any negativity, just different observations.

My bit of nostalgia, my favorite TV commercial: 9 out of 10 doctors recommend Lucky Strikes.

Doctors touting the health benefit of smoking cigarettes...now that's some nostalgia.

I also remember a wheel chair bound doctor who chain smoked while he examined me for some malady or other...good times.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top