JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you grew up in the 90s, or raised a kid in the 90s for those here a little older, you knew of these delicious cocaine filled treats. Essentially they were cookies you dipped into cake frosting. They were amazing. The entire lunch table would sit and stair in envy if your mom packed you a Dunkaroo in your bagged lunch. Trading them got nearly anything you wanted, but trading meant loosing what meant most to your wee little childhood brain, the cracked out 99% sugar delicacy you were about to savor so elegantly.

Anyways, this crack is coming back. Summer 2020.

Makes this apocalypse a little more bearable if you ask me.
1585926679179.jpeg 1585926641492.jpeg 1585926599238.jpeg

Good news for the kids who eat that crap.

As an adult who cares what he puts in his body I'll take a hard pass on this. I do remember them though.

Do they have a zero-calorie organic fair-trade free-range version? If so, I'm in. BTW, rumor is that Keto helps keep the Corona from going out of control in your lungs if you get it. So its a good time to pass on sugar.

MORE BUZZKILL!!!!!! (sorry)

Lol, super duper thread OP.

Sure wouldn't put that crap in my body though.

I'm gonna keep up the doom and gloom and say that they just look gross and nasty.

;)

Lol, super duper thread OP.

Sure wouldn't put that crap in my body though.

I'm gonna keep up the doom and gloom and say that they just look gross and nasty.

;)

:s0140: :s0140: :s0140:

You're in rare form today Reno! And you stay at home with the kiddo. I thought THAT would rot your brain. Think the movie "Mr Mom".

Anyway. Never heard of you're Dunkaroo's. Must not ave been a Utah thing. Oh, wait a minute, I've been here 33 years. Heck I might be old enough to be your Dad! I MY time it was "Space Food Sticks". That's how old I am!

1585936243776.png

:s0140: :s0140: :s0140:

You're in rare form today Reno! And you stay at home with the kiddo. I thought THAT would rot your brain. Think the movie "Mr Mom".

Anyway. Never heard of you're Dunkaroo's. Must not ave been a Utah thing. Oh, wait a minute, I've been here 33 years. Heck I might be old enough to be your Dad! I MY time it was "Space Food Sticks". That's how old I am!

View attachment 678849
Lol rare form I guess.

Was excited to share a little bit of nostalgia from my time as a kid in the 90s.

Especially with all that is going on.

Guess my annoyance showed a little there, just didn't expect to get bubblegum on so quickly into a thread that I was sure would be positive.

I guess Covid 19 has been taking a dump in everyone's morning coffee!

We didn't get all those super duper fun snacks when I was a kid, We got the Gov. Surplus school lunches, and left over MRE's that dad brought home because they were free, and he thought it saved mom a bunch of time! Snacks were fruits and veggies and a few greasy potato chips out of a box, remember those?
If we packed our lunches ( which was never ) it was always peanut butter and honey sammich, carrots, broccoli, and a few of those boxed chips! A 4 hour old soggy Peanut butter sammich SUCKS after it's been sitting in your lunch box in a hot arse classroom half the day!

My kids were quite young during the Dunkaroos era. So yes, I know of them. Very simple. A tiny package of cookies with a dab of frosting to dip them in. It excited my kids.

I have no interest in this type of snack, but...

Along with the snacks , cereals, and other junk I fondly remember, I'm sure there are worse things.

Last Edited:
Good news for the kids who eat that crap.

As an adult who cares what he puts in his body I'll take a hard pass on this. I do remember them though.

Ditto, except I never heard of them until this thread, or at least have no recollection. I grew up rural, poor, and with parents who didn't do processed foods, so I suppose that is why I'm not familiar with this brand. (Though, ironically, what was considered "healthy" or "natural" back then involved way more carbs than we do now.)

But that means I have to leave my cave and go to some store. Possibly exposing myself to Wuhan Virus.

Eeee....gif
Eeeee...

AND, that's NOT social distancing.

Aloha, Mark

Not familiar with the OP product, but how about kids' cereals? Used to like the one below (and many others) as a kid. They brought it back a number and years ago: natural colors and flavors, different recipe, and so on. Tasted nothing like I remembered. Disappointing.

boo-berry.jpg

Lol rare form I guess.

Was excited to share a little bit of nostalgia from my time as a kid in the 90s.

Especially with all that is going on.

Guess my annoyance showed a little there, just didn't expect to get bubblegum on so quickly into a thread that I was sure would be positive.

I guess Covid 19 has been taking a dump in everyone's morning coffee!

I'm sorry I didn't get all excited about sugary kids junk food. I'm in my 40s, not grade school.

But hey, cool thread @Reno!

I was raised by a middle class family in the suburbs of Sparks Nevada. I'm grateful to have been able to get this as a treat in my lunches. My parents worked hard to give my two brothers and I, a good childhood. I shouldn't even have to post this. Im not even the least bit sorry about the way my life was.

These little things bring a smile to my face, especially in times like now. They bring me back to my school days. Sitting at the cafeteria table with all the other kids of my class, eating lunch, then going outside and playing for recess.

Having them return would be a great pick me up from time to time. I could go for one right now actually, especially with all the comments here about them being crap and blah blah blah.

So much negativity to such a simple thing. I've had enough negativity in the last 4 weeks, and sadly more is to come.

Normally I'd apologize for even starting a thread like this that turns into something negative, but honestly I'm not apologetic if this time. I'm happy thinking about this stuff. I feel bad those here don't have similar things to think about and are grumpy and negative.

I do find irony in some of the posts and their owners. Especially since they post up in other places about smoking cigars and chewing tobacco.

To each there own. If the moderators want to make this thread disappear so be it. That would probably be best since it turned so negative, and we already have enough of that here on NWFA lately.

Oh and the grilled cheese thread is full of positive posts and activity. So it's not all doom and gloom, but probably more the subject matter you posted about. Maybe YOU get excited for Dunkaroos, chocolate milk and Sugar Smacks but I think more of us kinda got past that.

But Kudos to you good sir for at least trying!

FC5FED13-FB0C-43E5-B6F0-80AEDBC3AAB3.jpeg

:D

I was raised by a middle class family in the suburbs of Sparks Nevada. I'm grateful to have been able to get this as a treat in my lunches. My parents worked hard to give my two brothers and I, a good childhood. I shouldn't even have to post this. Im not even the least bit sorry about the way my life was.

These little things bring a smile to my face, especially in times like now. They bring me back to my school days. Sitting at the cafeteria table with all the other kids of my class, eating lunch, then going outside and playing for recess.

Having them return would be a great pick me up from time to time. I could go for one right now actually, especially with all the comments here about them being crap and blah blah blah.

So much negativity to such a simple thing. I've had enough negativity in the last 4 weeks, and sadly more is to come.

Normally I'd apologize for even starting a thread like this that turns into something negative, but honestly I'm not apologetic if this time. I'm happy thinking about this stuff. I feel bad those here don't have similar things to think about and are grumpy and negative.

I do find irony in some of the posts and their owners. Especially since they post up in other places about smoking cigars and chewing tobacco.

To each there own. If the moderators want to make this thread disappear so be it. That would probably be best since it turned so negative, and we already have enough of that here on NWFA lately.

Dude do you need a hug? I think maybe you're taking yourself a little too seriously.

Oh and the grilled cheese thread is full of positive posts and activity. So it's not all doom and gloom, but probably more the subject matter you posted about. Maybe YOU get excited for Dunkaroos, chocolate milk and Sugar Smacks but I think more of us kinda got past that.

But Kudos to you good sir for at least trying!

View attachment 678919

:D
Now we are talking. Kudos was another treat of the 90s. Essentially a candy bar disguised as a granola bar!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top