JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Before people get their hopes too high for it to apply to the 9th, maybe even nationally (NY, NJ, IL, MA, CT, CO, etc al); let me remind y'all the makeup of the current SCOTUS.

3 Justices who will likely uphold mag bans, and other Statist stuff;
Jackson
Kagan
Sotomayor

2 Justices who will be most likely strike mag bans down
Alito
Thomas

3 Justices who may side with the two above;
Gorsuch-likely side with Thomas and Alito
Kavanaugh-may swing to other side
Barrett-may swing to other side

1 Justice who officially is "conservative" but often sides with the Statists/Liberal Justices

Roberts

So there's basically 3-3 split with 3 wild cards.
Maybe I'm naive but I kinda want to believe that they listen to rational arguments.

oh but so many people tell me CNN is not biased news.
The kind of people who can watch one of their reporters standing in front of a burning building, while he tells the camera its a mostly peaceful protest and see nothing wrong of course will tell you its just strait news. The same people will also tell you Fox is nothing but propaganda with a strait face because they desperately want it to be true. Like cult members there is just no reaching a lot of them. :s0092:

Yep

IMG_20230923_200913_985.jpg

I got this from this article on Twitchy: https://twitchy.com/tertullianus/20...azine-ban-newsom-throws-fit-x-laughs-n2387624

There are a number of other great responses as well. Do consider a Twitter/X account. A LOT goes on there. You can create a throwaway e-mail account and make your account as anonymous as you like. Also, you don 't have to say anything. There is a real advantage, however, to "listening in" pn these conversations.
Most people in this thread would probably appreciate following Rob Romano, https://twitter.com/2Aupdates and Kostas Moros, https://twitter.com/MorosKostas

The kind of people who can watch one of their reporters standing in front of a burning building, while he tells the camera its a mostly peaceful protest and see nothing wrong of course will tell you its just strait news. The same people will also tell you Fox is nothing but propaganda with a strait face because they desperately want it to be true. Like cult members there is just no reaching a lot of them. :s0092:
the kind of people who would do that are either liars and manipulators or sheeple. (FWIW Im not a fan of Fox for the same reasons..)

Benitez's decision (whatever happens at 9th Circuit or SCOTUS) applies only to California Penal Code section 32310.

His reasoning is useful, but no other court is compelled to accept or incorporate it - except by those rare virtues of logic and honesty.

There are lots of Democrats, even here on the West Coast, that still believe in individual rights and freedoms. We should be reaching out to them in a supportive manner and not drive them into the arms of the devil they know.
The problem is that these people have lost control of the party. The party is under complete control by the full blown leftists. And the Dems that still believe in individual rights...those that are still true liberals...for the most part, are resoundingly silent.

Why anyone would claim affiliation to the democratic party at this point is beyond me. I'm not sure why anyone would claim affiliation to the republican party either...they've got their own problems. But at least the GOP isn't trying to turn the country into some type of authoritarian communist/marxist hybrid like the dems are.

May God save our Republic.

WOLVERINES!

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals overturned Benitez's ruling in 2021, arguing that the ban fell in line with the state's efforts to reduce gun violence and is compatible with the Second Amendment. Then, the Supreme Court vacated the appeals court ruling and ordered new proceedings consistent with the decision in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen.

Benitez cited the case in his decision because it clarified that gun control laws must be "consistent with this nation's historical tradition of firearm regulation." The judge claimed this magazine ban was not.

There is a good question; does this apply only to California; as it is specific to the CA Penal Code relating to magazine capacity bans?

Logically since it was remanded from SCOTUS down to 9th District which further remanded down to the State level; after already having gone up to SCOTUS; it should apply to the whole 9th District; but because it's decided again at the State level; would CA appeal to 9th, and then when the 9th decides if at all, it applies to WA and OR?

That guy is the slimiest of slimy turds. The fact that he got re-elected just demonstrates how braindead large percentages of the voting populace is.
Those who count the votes determine the winner. Remember all the irregularities that only happened to the people who registered with the "wrong" party during the recall? "Excuse me sir, I know the polls just opened, but it says here you already voted...".

Those who count the votes determine the winner. Remember all the irregularities that only happened to the people who registered with the "wrong" party during the recall? "Excuse me sir, I know the polls just opened, but it says here you already voted...".
That too.

the kind of people who would do that are either liars and manipulators or sheeple. (FWIW Im not a fan of Fox for the same reasons..)
Believe me I DO NOT watch any "news" and just accept it. Sadly many watch left leaning news that is now not even leaning. They are cheer leaders for the current admin. A LOT of people watch that and believe every word of it. To the point they have become like those in a cult who can no longer be reached. Sadly a LOT of them vote. They vote just the way those "news" sites tell them to vote. When the people they vote for shaft them? They strait face blame people who had no part in it and were not even there. It can be amazing to sit back and watch. :(

Believe me I DO NOT watch any "news" and just accept it. Sadly many watch left leaning news that is now not even leaning. They are cheer leaders for the current admin. A LOT of people watch that and believe every word of it. To the point they have become like those in a cult who can no longer be reached. Sadly a LOT of them vote. They vote just the way those "news" sites tell them to vote. When the people they vote for shaft them? They strait face blame people who had no part in it and were not even there. It can be amazing to sit back and watch. :(
You and I are on the same page. Its amazing to watch Portland fall apart and my liberal friends who live there continue to vote blue and blame republicans for preventing more "liberal solutions". Its like watching the definition of insanity play out in real life.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors February Gun Show
Portland, OR
Central Oregon Sportsmen's show
Redmond, OR
Rickreall Gun Show
Rickreall, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top