JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Really embarrassing thing happened to me last week, but I feel that it worked out ok.

I am new to suppressors (my first can is in jail, but I can use it at the range where I bought it). I recently took a beginner's class for defensive carbine and was able to use my can. Everything went well in the class and I went on my merry way. Last week, I put a new red dot on my rifle and went to the range to get it zeroed. The can I have uses a taper mount and the manufacturer cautions about over tightening. I screwed the can on ( to what I felt was in line with the manufacturer's guidelines), loaded up the rifle and sent a round down range. I heard some clanging around, and thought my ear pro mics were really sensitive, enabling me to hear the brass bounce around on the floor.

I then realized that there was no suppressor on the end of my rifle. Instant "oh bubblegum" feeling. Sure enough, my can was 25 yards away, at the end of the lane. I had to walk out and ask the ROs to retrieve my supressor. Man, did I feel like a tool.

Ultimately, the can was fine (I was worried that my hand-load has somehow caused a baffle strike, or that I had lunched the threads) just a couple of very minor scratches.

I reattached my supressor (really tight), got the rifle zeroed, and used a wrench to remove it. The ROs were very cool about it, and all in all, my bad experience turned out to be a good learning opportunity about a piece of equipment that a person simply cannot learn about without using it.

Anyone else have a Wilson moment that actually worked out?

I blew a can down range almost 50 yards.
My first built one too. That was an easy recovery.

Man, reading the thread title, waiting for the page to load, I was coming up with all the stories that start with "I was working with this girl"

Think I wrote this one before. Was out at Douglas Ridge some years ago. I had two rifles with me, both scoped and on the 100 yd range. The first was a was a neat Winchester Model 88 in 308. For a lever gun it was very accurate and I loved shooting it. Made me a better shot than I probably am. Anyway, I cranked off a dozen or so rounds and got up and secured it behind the bench. I grabbed a CZ 550 in 270 and a box of ammo and re-seated myself at the bench. I had bore sighted a new scope and was going to dial it in. I let go with a few rounds and it looked like I was getting close. I was chambering just one round at a time. Grabbed another and let it go, it hit about 10 yards in front of and way to the side of the target. Factory ammo by the way. Went to kick the brass out and it wouldn't come. After dorking around a bit I realized I had loaded a 308 in the 270. And no, this is not a testimony to a CZ's strength. It's an admission of me being one very lucky guy. I finally got the brass out at home. Took the gun to my gunsmith at that time and he returned it saying it was sound. Next time at the range and ever since it has worked perfectly. Since that incident I have never had any round on the bench save the one matching the gun I'm shooting.

Think I wrote this one before. Was out at Douglas Ridge some years ago. I had two rifles with me, both scoped and on the 100 yd range. The first was a was a neat Winchester Model 88 in 308. For a lever gun it was very accurate and I loved shooting it. Made me a better shot than I probably am. Anyway, I cranked off a dozen or so rounds and got up and secured it behind the bench. I grabbed a CZ 550 in 270 and a box of ammo and re-seated myself at the bench. I had bore sighted a new scope and was going to dial it in. I let go with a few rounds and it looked like I was getting close. I was chambering just one round at a time. Grabbed another and let it go, it hit about 10 yards in front of and way to the side of the target. Factory ammo by the way. Went to kick the brass out and it wouldn't come. After dorking around a bit I realized I had loaded a 308 in the 270. And no, this is not a testimony to a CZ's strength. It's an admission of me being one very lucky guy. I finally got the brass out at home. Took the gun to my gunsmith at that time and he returned it saying it was sound. Next time at the range and ever since it has worked perfectly. Since that incident I have never had any round on the bench save the one matching the gun I'm shooting.

Burped a 40S&W out of a 45ACP.
Huh moment just like a squib feels sounds.
Still got the case ..

So .40 runs in a .45 acp chamber huh? :oops:

I did the same thing with a 9 in a 40.

NOW I remember...I did the same thing in a CZ SP01! The 9 didn't cycle the slide, the front half of the brass was bulged (didn't split), and the pill hit about 8" low (50') and key-holed.

Negligent discharge with a .45 acp into the floorboard of my girlfriends pickup. Darn near 20 years ago and I'll will never forget it. A real dumbass move.

Lets see, a long time ago around age 12 decided to buy a briefcase at goodwill and fill it with dry ice. Proceeded to with my best friend roller blade to mall and put on our surplus gas masks and rollerbladed through the mall with a smoking briefcase while wearing gas masks. Can you tell this was long before 9/11?

same friend and I and one other built some slingshot powered launchers. I think it used 8 separate slingshot bands. Anyway it would launch a full soda can about a block and a half. We soon learned to drink the soda and fill with mud.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top