JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You need some form of license or tag to hunt or kill every animal legally in Wa. To hunt coons you need a small game license or a big game tag. (You can hunt coyotes if you have a big game tag for deer or elk etc.) Raccoons can be hunted at night with spotlights as well as coyotes and bobcat until March.

You need a license to go out and hunt coons.

You can shoot them with no license, if they are in the process of destroying your property, or injuring your pets or livestock, on your property.

Been in OR most of my life. Game commision/gubmnt needs to get its cut on all fun. need license just to apply for tags. Cool western states the tag is the license. I am 5th generation oregonian, kalifornicaters screwed us. They leave situation they created and don't like, then try to pass same bs here. usually succeed because of idiots in gubment.

Careful about revealing your status as a "lifer " in Oregon . "they" get all twisted up about people who didn't move here from somewhere else. ( they must be feeling guilty for californicating our state .) Hunting license is required so that funds are available to buy ODFW new pickups and suv's . Also , pers has to make a profit !

i was on blm property here in prineville area--doing some target practicing--with my wife,grandson,and son--game dept. pulled up and asked for hunting license's-i explained that we were just target shooting--he said anytime you are in the woods,in hunting areas,and are shooting --you are subject to a fine for not having a hunting license--my wife does not hunt, but now in order to just go out to target practice she has to spend some big money for a hunting license-GO FIGURE--
steven

i was on blm property here in prineville area--doing some target practicing--with my wife,grandson,and son--game dept. pulled up and asked for hunting license's-i explained that we were just target shooting--he said anytime you are in the woods,in hunting areas,and are shooting --you are subject to a fine for not having a hunting license--my wife does not hunt, but now in order to just go out to target practice she has to spend some big money for a hunting license-GO FIGURE--
steven

wow, that's a bunch of horse s%*t. My wife goes out with me target shooting in the woods as well. I've been talked to by the state police (to make sure I pick up my mess and am shooting paper targets) but have never been asked for a hunting license. Was it during big game hunting season?

I sure wish that I could legally hunt raccoons here on the Westside, there are two humongous raccoons living under my neighbor's deck. Just these two, big fat things. Too bad I'm within city limits.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top