Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Dumb question. very dumb

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by stonedkirby, Feb 2, 2010.

1. stonedkirby

stonedkirby WA (Clark/Cowlitz) Member

Do i need a license to hunt coons?

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

3. huntingharder

huntingharder Oregon Member

The only dumb question is the one that did not get asked that should have.:thumbup:

4. LogicBomb

LogicBomb Grants Pass Active Member

agree

5. Strongrthnall

Strongrthnall Ravensdale New Member

You need some form of license or tag to hunt or kill every animal legally in Wa. To hunt coons you need a small game license or a big game tag. (You can hunt coyotes if you have a big game tag for deer or elk etc.) Raccoons can be hunted at night with spotlights as well as coyotes and bobcat until March.

6. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

You need a license to go out and hunt coons.

You can shoot them with no license, if they are in the process of destroying your property, or injuring your pets or livestock, on your property.

7. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Dumb response. I didn't see you were in WA.

8. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Tha'ts ok, you answered the question for those of us in Oregon.

9. lcb97269

lcb97269 Milwaukie, OR Life Member Lifetime Supporter

Been in OR most of my life. Game commision/gubmnt needs to get its cut on all fun. need license just to apply for tags. Cool western states the tag is the license. I am 5th generation oregonian, kalifornicaters screwed us. They leave situation they created and don't like, then try to pass same bs here. usually succeed because of idiots in gubment.

10. DERGLOCKINMEISTER

DERGLOCKINMEISTER SPRINGFIELD OREGON Member

Careful about revealing your status as a "lifer " in Oregon . "they" get all twisted up about people who didn't move here from somewhere else. ( they must be feeling guilty for californicating our state .) Hunting license is required so that funds are available to buy ODFW new pickups and suv's . Also , pers has to make a profit !

11. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

i was on blm property here in prineville area--doing some target practicing--with my wife,grandson,and son--game dept. pulled up and asked for hunting license's-i explained that we were just target shooting--he said anytime you are in the woods,in hunting areas,and are shooting --you are subject to a fine for not having a hunting license--my wife does not hunt, but now in order to just go out to target practice she has to spend some big money for a hunting license-GO FIGURE--
    steven

12. gallogiro

gallogiro Willamette Valley Active Member

wow, that's a bunch of horse s%*t. My wife goes out with me target shooting in the woods as well. I've been talked to by the state police (to make sure I pick up my mess and am shooting paper targets) but have never been asked for a hunting license. Was it during big game hunting season?

13. phathom

phathom Vancouver, WA Member

Yup your drivers license, and you can use something as small as a ford chambered in 195/60/14 to take them out. :bluelaugh:

14. TonsOfOregonBrass

TonsOfOregonBrass Sandy, OR Active Member

LOL,

I have hunted too many coons to count this way on my way to work for the forest service years ago.

15. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

I sure wish that I could legally hunt raccoons here on the Westside, there are two humongous raccoons living under my neighbor's deck. Just these two, big fat things. Too bad I'm within city limits.