JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nothing was taken (except a handful of rounds), but they might charge with armed burglary? Probably a neighbor that was afraid to talk to the recklessly armed dude about it. No criminal intent, no harm, no foul. If it was a parent who caught their kid with it (taken from car), then it sounds like this parent has the brass to educate their kid without a judge.

The fact that it was returned in that fashion does suggest it was probably someone the victim knew. Probably was talking to a neighbor saying "yeah, I got a loaded gun with me in the car". Neighbor sees kids and notices victim doesn't lock car. However, EVEN if that was the case, it is still invasive of his property.

"I learned a lesson, a valid lesson" Maisonneuve told the television station. "I should not carry a loaded firearm in my car.

So, now he's going to carry an unloaded gun in his car? What good is that? Carry loaded, out of sight and lock the doors.

It may seem like a harmless prank on the surface but it's still a theft. Spur-of-the-moment funny, but dumb if you take time to think about it. If a kid had gotten the gun from the bag - likely a more conspicuous location than the car by the way - and harmed anyone or thing, the person who moved it would own part of that incident. If someone had stolen it after it was moved, again the "prankster" is in for it. Or what if the person mishandled the firearm and had an ND? Sounds like someone needs to listen to Eddie Eagle.

It's sad we need to be responsible for others. Guns are out there. Kids need to be tought about them. It's called parenting. It stops the ignorant from killing themselves or others.
I grew up in a farm house with a rifle in every corner. In that small town of 3000 we never locked the house door or the car door for that matter. Key was allways in the ignition.
Back then the right thing to do was not to go into peoples houses and cars and take things. They called it steeling and it was wrong.
Somewhere allong the trail, Liberals made you responsible for there actions. Heck if you have a cliff not fenced off. Lighted and posted. Then somehow it's the fault of others if they fall off. Even,and especialy if they are drunk!
If somebody steels a gun out of another mans house or car. Then shoots themselves with it. I call that a self correcting problem!
However times being what they are. I keep my guns in a safe. I protect my wife and I from loosing all we own in a law suit. I know which way the wind blows. Just rember The Duke. ''Life is tuff. It's tuffer if you are stupid.''

I don't know about anybody else, but I teach my kids not to get into other people's cars. I'm not defending him for leaving a loaded gun in an unlocked car, but seriously if some kids had gotten it maybe his/her parents should teach their kids it's not okay to get into people's car and take their stuff.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top