JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ROBBERY SUSPECT WHO SHOT HIMSELF IN THE TESTICLES BOOKED INTO JAIL (PHOTO)

News Release from Portland Police Bureau
Posted on FlashAlert: January 30th, 2014 10:36 AM

Downloadable file: Joseph_Johnson_40.jpg <broken link removed>

40-year-old Joseph Johnson was booked into the Multnomah County Jail in the afternoon of Wednesday January 29, 2014. Johnson was booked on charges of Robbery in the First Degree, Assault in the Second Degree and Felon in Possession of a Firearm.

These charges come as a result of a Tuesday evening robbery and shooting at Southwest 10th Avenue and Columbia Street.

Robbery detectives learned that Johnson and the victim, 32-year-old Jordan Merrell, both lived in the same residential building and knew each other quite well prior to the robbery.

Detectives learned that Johnson confronted Merrell in the parking lot behind the building and demanded his property, then shot Merrell once in the leg. As Johnson ran from the scene, he shoved the gun into the front of his waistband and shot himself in the testicles.

Johnson was later located by a Transit Police officer at Southwest 6th Avenue and Mill Street as he was talking to a woman getting into her car. The woman did not know Johnson and he attempted to run from the officer but fell to the ground and officers took him into custody, discovering that he still had possession of the handgun used in the shooting.

Investigators learned that the handgun in Johnson's possession was stolen in a car prowl in November 2013 in the Rose Quarter.

Johnson was treated for his injuries and released to be booked into jail. Jordan Merrell remains in the hospital with serious but not life-threatening injuries.

###PPB###

Darwin awards are only given to those who die from the "accident".

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Its also a requirement that the candidate off himself completely ( injuries dont count ) before he has reproduced. Something tells me this guy has a mess of illegitimate kids somewhere. I know, I know! The rules are too strict.

Darwin awards are only given to those who die from the "accident".

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I think there were a couple given for outright stupid too, but may be wrong.

Its also a requirement that the candidate off himself completely ( injuries dont count ) before he has reproduced. Something tells me this guy has a mess of illegitimate kids somewhere. I know, I know! The rules are too strict.

I thought it had to do with removing oneself from the gene pool? In most cases that means death. But wouldn't shooting yourself in the testicles have pretty much the same affect?

Here are the rules straight from the source
Darwin Awards: History and Rules

So how are the Darwin Awards actually determined?

Nominees significantly improve the gene pool by eliminating themselves from the human race in an obviously stupid way. They are self-selected examples of the dangers inherent in a lack of common sense, and all human races, cultures, and socioeconomic groups are eligible to compete. Actual winners must meet the following criteria:

Reproduction
Out of the gene pool: dead or sterile.
Excellence
Astounding misapplication of judgment.
Self-Selection
Cause one's own demise.
Maturity
Capable of sound judgment.
Veracity
The event must be true.

So, according to the rules Numbn....err....Nonuts fits the bill for an award nomination.

I was going to say - didn't the guy who was out gigging frogs get on the list after using a .22 to replace a fuse for his headlights get on the list after the .22 substitute fuse went off removing his ability to reproduce?

Portland & Multnomah county needs to pass more rules, regulations and ordinances on the law abiding citizens and open carriers. That will help stop these kinds of things from happening, right?

Do not worry though if you got your CHL. It want effect you.

Oh BTW, do not worry you criminals, it want effect you either. (Unless you are caught.) We know you will not be following the laws anyways.

Lets just hope that he scrambled his eggs enough to NEVER be able to reproduce, stupid people like that deserve to be steralized for the benefit of all mankind. When its at their own hand its all that much better!.

Lets just hope that he scrambled his eggs enough to NEVER be able to reproduce, stupid people like that deserve to be steralized for the benefit of all mankind. When its at their own hand its all that much better!.

As I said earlier Id bet money he has fathered at least one or more children by one or more " baby mamas". It seems to be in those same genes that inspire robbery, carjacking, stupid gun handling, etc. Probably shot his nuts off holding the gun sideways.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top