1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

dueling target tree

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by plato58, Aug 5, 2011.

1. plato58

plato58 Portland,OR Member

does anyone local make a metal "Dueling target tree"? I plan to use .22lr, 9mm, 45acp. cabelas has one but it suggests you use lead, I will use FMJ.
  2. NCW Ray

NCW Ray Sunny Eastern Washington Active Member

A Google search turned up this company: Salute Products, Inc. I've never used any of their targets so don't know about quality. Also, unless they have adjustable tension ones, I'm not sure a 22lr could turn one made for a 40 / 45 cal, but I've never shot a 22lr at any dueling tree so I could be wrong.
  3. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

You can shoot 22LR that is designed for 9mm, 45ACP but other way around. But most likely loose purpose of the target.

Dueling Trees
  4. shoe

shoe Carlton, OR Member

+1 To salute targets, although I do not own their dueling tree I do have their 10-8 and spartan target both with their mil-spec stand. Great products, takes 5.56 ball rounds like a champ even at 25m! Just need to paint over em! The 30 degree angle of their mil spec stands seem a little steep at first but is a must for shooting rifle that close, seems to spread out the impact a little more. If their 3/8" targets can take that, I'm sure their dueling trees are solid.
  5. doubletapJim

doubletapJim Hillsboro, OR Member

Colonel Michael Howard lives in Hillsboro and makes some really nice ones. You can see some examples of his work at the Beaver Creek Armory. You can contact him at mikeandlynn@clanhoward.com.