JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Guys, I just stumbled across a couple interesting things at Palmetto State Armory's Daily Deals page I thought merited attention. I only have budget to do one or the other (maybe one of each if I play Creative Checkbooks, though I still need to set some aside for the NWFA Lower), so thought I'd see which one y'all thought gave more bang for the buck...

1. 5x 20-rd. boxes of PMC X-Tac 62gr Green Tip and five D&H 30-rd. mags (DoD CAGE code Q4TQ4), $65 plus shipping.
<broken link removed>

2. 1x 120-rd. mini-can Federal American Eagle 62gr XM855 Green Tip and two 40-round Gen M3 PMAGs.
<broken link removed>

Shipping out this way looks to be around twelve bucks. Anybody have any thoughts, or better deals to suggest?

I think when playing this game it all depends on what you value each product at.

Pick one or the other (mags or ammo) and figure out what you think a good deal is(subjective). Then subtract that total from the total cost of the bundle(including shipping). Take that number and divide it into the number of rounds you are getting and see if it is a number you like. If it does then buy it.

This can also be done the opposite way figuring out the ammo first.

To be honest, right now my main focus is on trying to stockpile mags and full/80% lowers, trying to Beat The Rush. :) I figure for most of the big name brands, $8-12/mag on 30-rounders (maybe $15-17 each on 40's) and about $8-10 per box of 20 rounds is about what I'm game for. (Part of why I ask... those numbers are just "pulled out of my butt," I'm new at the AR game and you guys who've been at it a while know better than I what a "reasonable market price" is. :) )

Ammo ebbs and flows... with the Blue Team keeping everybody in perpetual Ban Panic, I'm starting to wonder if they don't own stock in gunmakers and companies like Magpul just to make sure they can line their pockets at both ends.

I'm interested in deal #2 so I dug into it further.

The mags retail at around $18 - $19 each but there are other deals out there for them.

But let's say $19 each, so that's $38 for two.

The deal for 2 packages of the special is $152 including shipping.

$152 - $38 - $12 = $102 / 240 rds = $0.425/rd.

But let's say you paid retail:

$38 for the mags
$113 for the ammo (based on 20 rd box prices on Ammoseek)
$12 for shipping
$163 total. So, the savings are $11 if you buy the stuff separately at current pricing.

So, it's not a bad deal.

going rate around here GIVE OR TAKE in my eyes is:

$10 Pmags 30m2s
.30 cent 223
.33 cent xm193
+.35 xm855
.20 9mm

Obviously you will see the full spectrum of prices but this seems to be the sweet spot for most.

I typically will only buy when I see something much lower than these numbers but then again I've got mine.

If you can't find those numbers online then just sit tight and watch the classifieds.

I'm interested in deal #2 so I dug into it further.

The mags retail at around $18 - $19 each but there are other deals out there for them.

But let's say $19 each, so that's $38 for two.

The deal for 2 packages of the special is $152 including shipping.

$152 - $38 - $12 = $102 / 240 rds = $0.425/rd.

But let's say you paid retail:

$38 for the mags
$113 for the ammo (based on 20 rd box prices on Ammoseek)
$12 for shipping
$163 total. So, the savings are $11 if you buy the stuff separately at current pricing.

So, it's not a bad deal.
Shooter, you're math's a little off--each block is a can plus two mags, so $76 for mags, 113 ammo, 12 shipping, $201 total a-la-carte, or at a single 65-38-12=$15 for the ammo. $15/120 = $1.50/12, $0.50/4, $0.125 per round. Or savings of $49. Still a sound and much appreciated illustration of your decisionmaking process. :)

Shooter, you're math's a little off--each block is a can plus two mags, so $76 for mags, 113 ammo, 12 shipping, $201 total a-la-carte, or at a single 65-38-12=$15 for the ammo. $15/120 = $1.50/12, $0.50/4, $0.125 per round. Or savings of $49. Still a sound and much appreciated illustration of your decisionmaking process. :)

I shouldn't do scotch and math at the same time. :)

going rate around here GIVE OR TAKE in my eyes is:

$10 Pmags 30m2s
.30 cent 223
.33 cent xm193
+.35 xm855
.20 9mm

Obviously you will see the full spectrum of prices but this seems to be the sweet spot for most.

I typically will only buy when I see something much lower than these numbers but then again I've got mine.

If you can't find those numbers online then just sit tight and watch the classifieds.

Listen to Giantsguy. He knows what he's doing and has a keen eye for it. Hes's always got a good deal going in the classifieds.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top