Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Due to coverage of guns, bill introduced to register journalists

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by ZigZagZeke, Jan 20, 2016.

1. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

It's about time. Those high speed word processors, fax machines, and laser printers, not to mention the internet can spread lies about hundreds of people in split seconds. I'm sure our Founders never considered that there would be anything like them, but instead intended the 1st Amendment to apply only to hand written missives and the Guttenburg printing press. The "assault" media needs to be regulated. It's for the children!

http://www.guns.com/2016/01/20/due-to-coverage-of-guns-bill-introduced-to-register-journalists/

Brutus57, Slobray, Ura-Ki and 3 others like this.
  2. Diamondback

Diamondback A cold, wet green Hell Well-Known Member

What's funny is how the Presstitutes don't see the hypocrisy in how they went all Screaming Mimi Effing UNGLUED over this...

Slobray, Ura-Ki and Stomper like this.
  3. nammac

nammac I-5 Corridor - West of Portland Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Wait, wait, let me get this straight. Journalists are up in arms about a proposed law to license them and charge fees for the same??? To exercise their First Amendment rights???

Isn't that akin to registering guns/gun owners and charging them fees??? To exercise their Second Amendment Rights???

The best part -
    “Any registration of journalists would be unconstitutional — unless you lived in Cuba or North Korea,” Rogers said.

Wouldn't that also be true of registering guns/gun owners as well????

Oh, the irony!!!!!

4. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

My favorite famous person quote is from Frank Lloyd Wright who said:

“I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.”

I have that in all my notebooks on the inside front cover.

Brutus57, Slobray, mjbskwim and 6 others like this.
  5. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

“I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewritersm, Computers, Pens, Paper, Pencils, Microphones and Cameras”

Fixed it.

6. 41Slinger

41Slinger Harrisburg Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'm liking this a lot, this is a great idea. Attack, attack, attack, this is the kind of position we need to assume. I liked the idea the other day about a bill that said, if you oppose guns for your constituents then you can't have body guards or a CCW. We've been playing by the rules for to long and we need to go on the attack, you can only defend for so long. Extremism, we need to let them see what extremism really looks like, Constitutional Extremism in all it's raging glory.

oknow, Slobray, Ura-Ki and 3 others like this.
  7. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

In all truth there is one thing that will work on empty minds and that is IMPRINT.
    IE: and old technique called a blanket party repeated 27 times over 26 days. It imprints.

As long as they understand if they have a 28th one it will be their last one.

That I believe would IMPRINT the facts of life in a free world on them.
    Honestly I do not think they would take anyone serious unless the writing instruments were confiscated from them UhhhHmmmmm LOL:rolleyes:

8. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Well.......'bout daMned time!:cool:

9. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson Everson, Wa. Well-Known Member

Geez, maybe reporters ought to be accurate in what they report as well ... Just kidding that is a unreal expectation ...
    It would be nice if those wordsmiths were held accountable for what and how they report.
    Kinda strange that I could banned from this forum if I break the rules with what I type , but a reporter can spew forth almost anything.
    Andy

Certaindeaf and Ura-Ki like this.
  10. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Anti-2A's always say that the 2A kills people and needs to be highly regulated.

How many riots & wars, how much strife and misery, how much outright EVIL has been fostered, propagated, and perpetrated from (and because of) "words"?

The short answer: ALL OF IT! o_O

The old adage, "the pen is mightier than the sword" seems to allude all the anti-2A supporters these days. :rolleyes:

Slobray, Certaindeaf, Ura-Ki and 3 others like this.
  11. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

If the 2nd Amendment is going to be restricted, ALL journalism should be as well.

The NY paper that exposed CHL holders should have been fired and charged.

The race baiters on TV should have all paid damages for the homes, vehicles and stores that were broken into, destroyed and stolen from. They fanned the flames of those riots, they need to be held responsible for deliberately reporting only what they wanted to for ratings.
    Clear examples:
    The zimmerman case & The "gentle giant" story. Both stories were absolutely doctored to give every benifit of the doubt to those young thugs. Regardless of the ski color the "teens" were rotten to the core. They were NOT the angles the media made them out to be. Enough double standards in the media.

Lastly ALL anti 2A rhetoric needs to be classified as hate speech.
    We need to beat them at their own game.

On some of the social media sites you can actually set a good argument using those stupid PC terms and applying them to firearm enthusiasts and advocates especially when WE are the current victims of media demonization and segregation from stores, schools..etc.

Since its a life style, they HAVE to accept that. And it feels GREAT to rub it in the PC-anti gunners faces.

12. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

Be careful what y'all wish for okay?

The only bigger threat to this country than abolishing the 2ndA, would be abolishing the 1stA.
    Imagine if you will, if gun owners were under threat, yet had no voice at all. The NRA/SAF/GOA would all be neutered without a 1st Amendment.

13. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

If that occurs then they would beg for a million loaded gun barrels to speak for them... probably not. :rolleyes:

14. nammac

That would surely instigate Revolution 2.0...

Ah, the acrid smell of burned gun powder in the morning...

Ura-Ki likes this.
  15. Jamie6.5

No, I don't believe they would.
    Their statist education would cause them all to roll over and ask for the good government to rub their tummy, and then they'd all sit up and beg for another treat, like a press conference with their dear leader.

Demand the return of the 4th estate.
    http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-the-fourth-estate.htm

Abandon the puppeteers in charge of the newsrooms currently.

16. Jamie6.5

One man's dream is another man's nightmare.

17. nammac

Just depends on which end if the barrel your facing;)

Ura-Ki likes this.
  18. Jamie6.5

No actually, it's more dependent on whether or not there's a damned fool on the trigger of said gun.

19. dude23

dude23 PDX Active Member

I've got a choice example of this type of PC SJW reverse propaganda buzzwords to use against them... ammosexual

As ridiculous as this sounds this is the new derogatory term of hate speech used by bigoted anti trolls to try to instigate a flame war in comments sections. Everyone ought to start using it against them, claiming hate speech, calling them ammophobes, etc.

Ura-Ki and nammac like this.
  20. ConcreteJungle

ConcreteJungle Eugene Well-Known Member

“Any registration of journalists would be unconstitutional — unless you lived in Cuba or North Korea,” Rogers said.

That's my favorite line from the story. Priceless!!!!! :rolleyes:

nammac likes this.