JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just bought some raffle tickets for their 1911. It has the DU logo. Will the logo distract or enhance the value?
To me? Yes, I would not really like to have it and I LOVE 1911's. Now to the market? I have to assume there will not be many like this? If so this will attract the collector types. Often the people who want something "collectable" will pay what to me are insane prices for things.

There are a million DU limited edition firearms. I don't know of anyone who collects them.

I just did a GunBroker search "Ducks Unlimited 1911". It turned up 6 DU handguns. Kimber and Springfield Armory. Three different models.

According to DU, they hold over 4,000 fundraising events each year. I imagine a great many of those will have a 1911 as a prize.

-E-

Last Edited:
There are a million DU limited edition firearms. I don't know of anyone who collects them.

I just did a GunBroker search "Ducks Unlimited 1911". It turned up 6 DU handguns. Kimber and Springfield Armory. Three different models.

According to DU, they hold over 4,000 fundraising events each year. I imagine a great many of those will have a 1911 as a prize.

-E-
Well that certainly shoots holes in it ever being a "collector" then. Now if I won one as a prize? As in a put a few bucks in and got a new 1911? I could certainly live with it saying DU on it. :D

Who made the pistol would be an important question for me...as well as the quality of the components.
Just how obvious / obnoxious the logo is would be a consideration for me also.

I don't think that the logo would entice a buyer or collector...or enhance the value of the pistol.
Andy

Well that certainly shoots holes in it ever being a "collector" then. Now if I won one as a prize? As in a put a few bucks in and got a new 1911? I could certainly live with it saying DU on it. :D
The 2022 Edition is not a horrible looking gun at all. Plus, it is a Series 70!

pix161132077.jpg

My WAG is that it is neither going to dramatically increase the value nor decrease it as a shooter. A quality 1911 with or without the Ducky would still make a good shooter.

Last Edited:
Over the past twenty plus years I've acquired several banquet guns from RMEF, Friends of NRA and DU. Some were purchased, others won in raffles. Somewhere someone may think they are worth more or less because of the embellishments added by the fundraising entity, but I generally just consider them to be worth whatever the gun is worth. There are tons of banquets throughout the U.S. so I don't think any of them are particularly rare. A shotgun I won at a DU banquet is a very inexpensive Mossberg with a duck head engraved on it. I don't think that adds much value. Some of the pistols have fancy grips with RMEF and elk, or NRA and a patriot on them. They're kind of eye catching, but I think the added value would be nominal. Me being me, they pretty much all end up as shooters anyway.

If I were offered a choice between two colts, both identical except one has a third party logo, I would likely purchase the unbranded model. The less "stuff" a gun has all over it, the better.

However, I don't think it'd be worth any less money. I certainly wouldn't pay a premium.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews