JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
True collectables are things everyone had and used but most are used and worn. The very best are those that escaped wear, were kept in their packaging, while the others are worn out. Think about early Colt revolvers. Even those with almost no finish left have collector value. The DU guns will have collector value given enough time for most of the others to have worn finishes.
At somewhere around 50 to 100 years a DU gun will be a collector's piece. And have a premium for the DU engraving. You would just have to keep it long enough to become rare, and in rare condition. DR

As an adopted Korean, I've always been afraid that another Asian could be my sister.
After those DNA test started to get so easy and cheap I have read a couple stories of people finding out someone they had or were dating was a closer relative than they were comfortable with. :s0140:
Even before that there was one I remember were some guy had two families that did not know he was doing that. The siblings took up with each other and found out when one sees a picture of "Dad" at the others home and asks why. Only to find out they shared the same "Dad". Damn what a shock that would be:eek:

True collectables are things everyone had and used but most are used and worn. The very best are those that escaped wear, were kept in their packaging, while the others are worn out. Think about early Colt revolvers. Even those with almost no finish left have collector value. The DU guns will have collector value given enough time for most of the others to have worn finishes.
At somewhere around 50 to 100 years a DU gun will be a collector's piece. And have a premium for the DU engraving. You would just have to keep it long enough to become rare, and in rare condition. DR
So what you're saying is, whoever picks it up for a song at his estate sale might have a slightly more valuable 1911 around the time they're on their own death bed? WORTH IT.

IMO the only limited editions that would be collectable are ones that are custom manufactured for specific function or quality enhancements. A logo alone wouldn't be enough.

That said nothing wrong with supporting a good cause and maybe winning a new gun for the price of a ticket.

My shotgun is a Ducks Unlimited gun. Honestly I wish it wasn't. I think the medallion in the stock is a detraction on a nice looking gun. When I took these pictures, I turned the stock to the side that doesn't have the medallion in it.

killin clays.jpg 20210417_110256.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads