Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Duck hunting in Southwest WA

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by RyanGingerich, Oct 16, 2012.

1. RyanGingerich

RyanGingerich Vancouver New Member

this will be my first year of doing duck hunting. i have been goose hunting for a couple of year but wanted to try duck. i goose hunt vancouver lake area. Havent seen alot of ducks so i was wondering where there is good public land that has lots of duck ( or any good place you have had before.). Thank you. Anything will help me we are clueless on where to go.

2. svtrc51

svtrc51 Woodland Member

Call ridgefield wildlife refuge and reserve a blind! Bring a dog and lots of shells!

3. Gunnerboy

Gunnerboy Cowlitz County Active Member

^ you cant "reserve" blinds at ridgefield its a lottery system, unless of course your implying bribeing a federal employee, and the shell limit at ridgefield refuge is 25.

4. svtrc51

svtrc51 Woodland Member

^ i wonder where my money goes to apply for the "lottery" blind reservation? Correct! The shell limit is 25 (the fine is huge if over) Maybe you can bribe them though? :banghead: Anyway you can always sit in the line and wait for a blind to open up. there is always someone not showing up for their reservation. The best ones open up first.

5. RyanGingerich

anywhere else besides there that is good?

6. svtrc51

svtrc51 Woodland Member

It seems around here you have to find little holes of public land. They are closing up fast though. We lost a great spot last year (now its a park). Do you have a boat? We ended up with rights to private land this year. It never hurts to ask!

7. RyanGingerich

no i dont have a boat yet. we are going to try to get one soon.(soon as in next year) have you ever tried vancouver lake? know if there are any out there?

8. svtrc51

svtrc51 Woodland Member

I have never hunted the lake. I know a guy who used to hunt it i'll ask tomorrow. I'm looking as well. I don't want to over hunt the only spot I have close now.