Reactions
I'm looking for a new duck gun. I've been thinking I was going to go the ol' 870 route. I got to looking, and I'm considering a Benelli Nova or Supernova now, and was looking at the Remington 887 (I think that's the newer one). Any input? Trying to stay under about $450. I can camo it myself.

Reactions
I can't speak for the others, but my go-to gun for duck and goose hunting is my Benelli Nova. I've drug it through some of the nastiest mud/rain/snow/sleet/slop and it has worked every time. The 3 1/2 inch chamber gives you the ability to really put the smack down on geese. You can't go wrong with the Nova in my opinion.

Reactions
I had an 887 and the action and fit and finish were great, but the ergonomics just didn't fit me right so I sold it.

I own this shotgun and I highly recommend it. This will be my first season taking it hunting, but so far I have shout about 500 rounds through it shooting clay, cans and critters with 0 problems. Some features:

Awesome shoulder-saver feels like a dense memory foam matress.
Easy to see fiber-optics mounted on a full barrel length rail for easy aim.
New slide release is big/easy to use with gloves on.
Built in sling mounts.
And above all the whole thing is coated with a glass/nylon mixture so you don't have to clean the outside of the firearm at all.. unless you want to keep the dust and mud out of your gun case :s0112::D:D.

Compared to the 870 this is just $50 more and is a few ounces lighter. Really the choice between the two boils down to how much time you want to spend wiping oil on the outside of your gun.

Reactions
Thanks guys. I'll be checking out the nova more. The only reason I considered the super nova over the nova is the oversized trigger guard.

Upcoming Events

Latest Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top