JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I have a harbor freight dual drum rock tumbler. It works great but I have A LOT of brass and it's taking too long so I'm upgrading. If my memory serves me each drum can hold 3 lbs.

I've owned vibratory, sonic, and rock tumblers. The latter, with stainless steel pins and lemi shine is by far the best way to clean your brass.

I have a harbor freight dual drum rock tumbler. It works great but I have A LOT of brass and it's taking too long so I'm upgrading. If my memory serves me each drum can hold 3 lbs.

I've owned vibratory, sonic, and rock tumblers. The latter, with stainless steel pins and lemi shine is by far the best way to clean your brass.

I too have one of these tumblers. I put the two stinking rubber containers in a zip lock bag as the stunk up the garage. I made a single large tumbling container for it and it makes brass look like jewelry in about an hour and a half. I put 5Lb of brass in it and 1.5Lb of pins. I used 4" ABS pipe, glued a couple of strips of ABS inside the tube for tumbling paddles. I used a red pressure test plug (Home Depot) for the opening end and a 3" cap glued in for the plugged end. I've been using it for several years and works very well. Got the ABS pipe at Habitat for humanity. I suspect the factory containers take too long, because they don't tumble the brass very well.
Mike

I too have the two drum and the single drum i bought for 30 bucks and don't use the drums that came with it. I built three 4"x9and 3/8 inch drums using 4" pvc x1/4 thick pipe than I used 1" pvc pipe cut to 1 inch and cut them in half and in different highs for each tube glued them in staggered rows. I used the small 4" test plug glued on one end was about 1.99$ and 4" red pressure test plug other other end and you need to take the wing nut off and use a regular nut was about 7.65$ at lowes than I sanded the outside long ways with 80 grit sandpaper for better grip on the drive shafts. They have work very well for me. I use 2 lb of pins 150 to 200 357 cases clean for hour to hour and a half and they clean inside and outside BIG time saver. I used to vibrator and walnuts and what a dust everywhere plus didn't clean primer pockets or the inside of the case.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top