JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I have a harbor freight dual drum rock tumbler. It works great but I have A LOT of brass and it's taking too long so I'm upgrading. If my memory serves me each drum can hold 3 lbs.

I've owned vibratory, sonic, and rock tumblers. The latter, with stainless steel pins and lemi shine is by far the best way to clean your brass.

I have a harbor freight dual drum rock tumbler. It works great but I have A LOT of brass and it's taking too long so I'm upgrading. If my memory serves me each drum can hold 3 lbs.

I've owned vibratory, sonic, and rock tumblers. The latter, with stainless steel pins and lemi shine is by far the best way to clean your brass.

I too have one of these tumblers. I put the two stinking rubber containers in a zip lock bag as the stunk up the garage. I made a single large tumbling container for it and it makes brass look like jewelry in about an hour and a half. I put 5Lb of brass in it and 1.5Lb of pins. I used 4" ABS pipe, glued a couple of strips of ABS inside the tube for tumbling paddles. I used a red pressure test plug (Home Depot) for the opening end and a 3" cap glued in for the plugged end. I've been using it for several years and works very well. Got the ABS pipe at Habitat for humanity. I suspect the factory containers take too long, because they don't tumble the brass very well.
Mike

I too have the two drum and the single drum i bought for 30 bucks and don't use the drums that came with it. I built three 4"x9and 3/8 inch drums using 4" pvc x1/4 thick pipe than I used 1" pvc pipe cut to 1 inch and cut them in half and in different highs for each tube glued them in staggered rows. I used the small 4" test plug glued on one end was about 1.99$ and 4" red pressure test plug other other end and you need to take the wing nut off and use a regular nut was about 7.65$ at lowes than I sanded the outside long ways with 80 grit sandpaper for better grip on the drive shafts. They have work very well for me. I use 2 lb of pins 150 to 200 357 cases clean for hour to hour and a half and they clean inside and outside BIG time saver. I used to vibrator and walnuts and what a dust everywhere plus didn't clean primer pockets or the inside of the case.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top