JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a 97 PU 5.7 in a GMC.
Its setup with a isolator but when bought only had the one battery. When I bought the truck in 2012 it had this setup. I tested it and it works, but I do not have the extra battery in it.
I have two HD RV deepcells. Question can I use a deep cell as a the alternate battery off the isolator?
The truck is power nothing, Just PS/PB nothing else like windows, door locks. Its the 5thwheel puller.
Specs 100amp alternator and isolator.
I thought about a bigger alt, but then would need to upgrade the main alt to #4 wire, and the extra battery wires as they are not set to handle anything over maybe 125amp, plus replace the isolator with a heavier one. Trying to see if I ca get by with stock on hand so to speak.

Thanks
yes im doing it right now

The brakes are wired there too but a separate post, next to it. I cant recall if it had them when I got it. As two months after I got it, I had some fancy digital programmed thing put in that works great.
They truck is odd anyone, it has a transmission brake and a few other odds Ive not seen. My Father in law has the exact truck in 96, and not the Vortec FI like I do, but also he doesn't have some items I do on the truck. Yet his has power windows and doors LOL. Hell I don't know. LOL

It sounds like your truck might have been built as a service vehicle chassis . like the ones with the work utility box . With all the doors on the outside .I used to get old county and state trucks that would have dual batts trans brakes ect ect . The dual battery's could be for running overhead and work lights or electric winches ,tailgate lifts.small lift buckets , hydrophilic pumps ect. most would have all heavy duty stuff with the ability to hook up more and no soccer mom frills.The order could have changed and they just put a box on it or might have been ordered that way .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top