JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You're the same guy who can't google NDAA, right? Yeah, thought so. That's good to know because I can be assured that you didn't do a shred of research on purchase order of late, thus you'd have no idea whether or not said orders were on par with recent years. They are not.

Oh never mind

Have you ever seen a box of Lake City brand .308 or 5.56 ammo on the shelf in a store?
Have you ever seen a box of General Dynamic's ammo or any of the other big manufacturers of military ammo?

NO? me either. The current shortage falls right on the sky is falling panic buying world of the gun owner. The Government isn't buying any more ammo from anyone they haven't always bought from. The only thing that has changed is the amount of ammo that the public has bought.

Afterall it wasn't an FBI agent that walked into BiMart in Molalla and bought all the .44spl or the 12ga ammo. Now was it?

You've never seen Federal XM193 or XM855? Both are Lake City overrun/rejects. It may not be "Lake City Brand," but it's right on the bottom of the box.

Ok.. lets say that the .gov is only buying from the same companies they have always bought from, only in MUCH MUCH larger volumes them before.
This still would have major impact on the other Manufactures as they all need components to make ammo.
Using up the raw brass avail..
Using up the powder avail..
using up the primers availl..

Yes, Hording has most certainly played a big part in this no doubt.

The massive amount of ammo ordered by DHS, is not standard Military issue ammo and as such I doubt is all coming from standard military vendors.

My thought on it anyway..

You've never seen Federal XM193 or XM855? Both are Lake City overrun/rejects. It may not be "Lake City Brand," but it's right on the bottom of the box.

So then if its over runs and there are no over runs that ONE single brand and type of ammo for one caliber is effected. If its from rejects increased production would create more rejects.

Oh and sorry no I have never had a reason to handle a box of Federal XM193 or XM855 as I do not own a firearm in 5.56mm or .223rem

To the people that bring up raw materials. Only a few powders are used for Military ammo. Yet there are no powders on the shelf. And the metals like Brass Lead and copper are bought 2 years in advance since they are a commodity.

But hey don't let me try to interject any logic. Gun owners appear to have somethin in common with the Liberals they dislike so much. They all want to find someone else to blame for the situtation they find themselves in.

When you all ran out and bought up thousands of rounds of ammo in 3 weeks what on earth did you think was going to happen. Now that your all whinning about not being able to find ammo you try to find someone something to blame it on.

THE AMMO SHORTAGE IS 100% DUE TO THE SKY IS FALLING PANIC BUYING.

IMHO

OK now let the Liberal style name calling start.

I was in Walmart in e Vancouver Saturday morning. I was buying a phone case but thought I would check out the ammo situation. I was shocked to see a entire shelf of 22 rimfire bulk packs , and about 1200 rounds of .40 180 gr wwb.

I bought 1 100 round box of .40.

As I was waiting for the sporting goods guy to open the cabinet a man walks up behind me, gets on his phone and starts calling his friends. Sporting goods guy said sir, there is a 5 box limit. The man mumbled something along the lines that they are on their own and proceeded to buy 500 rounds ( 9mm 100 round bulk packs ).

I went into the store Sunday morning at the same time ( milk run ). The entire cabinet was empty. Only shotgun shells and some FUDD rifle cartridges.

It's good to see that WalMart had some.

I did see some 9mm arrive on the shelves at Bi-Mart one day. I even saw 30-40 boxes of .357sig at Wholesale Sports a few weeks back.

12 Gauge can be found everywhere... so can 20 gauge and 17hmr.

It's a weird world we live in... and a weird time we live in...

Now that the January/February re-tooling of the manufacturing plants and maintenance is done, it should return to normal not too long from now.

Michael Savage never met a conspiracy that he couldn't make money off of. I wouldn't put any weight in his rants.
I think we have seen the enemy and it is us...........gun owners buying everything they can get their hands on.

something like this needs to be sent to all the gun and ammo companies so we know where to put our money when things cool down and also to blacklist the gun and ammo companies that don't respond or support the law breaking states and cities.

to whom it may concern:

(1) Is your company a 2nd Admemment supporter?

If you are, (2)are you putting profits ahed of the rights of the American public by selling gun/ammo to the cities, counties, and state law enforcement who have taken the right to bare arms away from the general public but still selling guns/ammo to the law enforcement to these agencies (police loophole)?

A long drawn out explanation is not needed just a simple YES or No for question 1 and question 2 also a non answer will fall into the category of putting profits ahead of the rights of the citizens.

This way I will know where to send my business when purchasing guns & ammo

thank you

When you watch that video of .22 rimfire being manufactured can you imagine that if the machines are running at max capacity. The unbelievable investment it would take to make any increase in production. If the line is at max production then CCI would need to buy a WHOLE additional line with all those different machines and processes. SO If you have one line set up you would have to double the production capability to increase the production even a few percentage points. If you had 10 runs a whole new line would only increase production by 10%

Increasing production in this complicated of process is not something you do because of some bump cause some politician said Ban three times on TV.

Not hard to understand how when the sky is falling crowd cleans the supply chain of .22 ammo in 3 weeks then buys every box that shows up for weeks how the manufacturers are screwed to effect the supply on their end.

Spending Millions of dollars and months of work to increase production for temp insanity just isn't good business.

That first huge header machine might take a year to be able to buy one. And so on.

When I was a kid, having a few boxes of ammo for each hunting rifle/shotgun and a few hundred 22 LR rounds was considered well prepared. Now the general talk is that everyone should have a minimum of 1000 rounds per weapon.

Buying a big 250 round pack of pistol ammo used to be "buying in bulk." Now it's not really considered bulk buying unless it's several 1000 round boxes. It's now common for everyone I know to have up to tens of thousands of rounds stored away. That was considered unhealthy paranoia among the same exact people when I was younger (unless you reloaded your own ammo). The idea of what "well prepared" is has changed a lot in just 20 years, and especially in the last 4 or 5.

The supply hasn't dried up. Demand has just exploded, and the government didn't need to do anything other than start talking about gun control and limiting internet sales.

I'm looking forward to getting good deals in a year or two when this panic buying crashes.

Where has all the 22LR gone? CCI makes 4 million rounds per day.

That was a cool and informational little video, including the great poster cutout behind the CCI executive in his last comments at the end. thanks for posting it ... NOW WHERE ARE ALL THOSE ROUNDS????

Last edited by a moderator:
Something to think about - if the supposed .gov purchases are affecting CF ammo then why is all the .22 gone? I don't think .gov buys much .22 ammo. I side with the panic buy believers on most of this.

Hey thanks for posting that video. Very cool to watch!

I agree , man that was awesome. I had no idea rimfire was primed by hand like that. Wow. Now I know who to blame when I have to strike one multiple times to get it to fire. :D

Imagine the time, money and expertise they have invested in that. Very difficult to change on a moments notice. Especially if they are already operating near capacity. They make a lot more than rim fire too.

Great video.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews