JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been playing {training?} with my SIRT dry fire training pistol from Next Level Training and have come to really like this piece of equipment. Mostly because it's inert and I'm not totally comfortable dry firing in my house with a real gun no matter how many times I unload/check it.

Since my CCW choice is a revolver, I started playing around with my revolver and it's targeting laser. It was all fun and games until I pointed it at a mirror and the laser came back and hit me right in the eye! OUCH!!! Darn that hurt... There doesn't appear to be any permanent damage but from now on I will be considering the laser to be a defensive weapon.

This was a big problem for about 6 months on school busses. Where kids in the bus would shine their little laser pointers at the drivers eyes. In a couple cases it caused wrecks. It didn't take school districts and bus companies to jump all over this safety issue.

Now self inflected in front of a mirror. Well ?

OK so you're afraid to dry fire a gun,that YOU,yourself cleared,in your house
You cleared it,you looked in the cylinder and made sure there wasn't cartridges in the gun

Then you shined a laser in your own eyes

Hmmmm

I gotta ask,WTF were you doing at the mirror anyway?
Was there a camera going too?

I've been playing {training?} with my SIRT dry fire training pistol from Next Level Training and have come to really like this piece of equipment. Mostly because it's inert and I'm not totally comfortable dry firing in my house with a real gun no matter how many times I unload/check it.

Since my CCW choice is a revolver, I started playing around with my revolver and it's targeting laser. It was all fun and games until I pointed it at a mirror and the laser came back and hit me right in the eye! OUCH!!! Darn that hurt... There doesn't appear to be any permanent damage but from now on I will be considering the laser to be a defensive weapon.

I was just checking these out the other day...the ONLY THING I don't like about them is that the slide doesn't move. Even modern airsoft gun slides rack and lock back. They're great tools, especially for people that you have no idea what their problem is (i.e. too much trigger finger, anticipation of the recoil, poor follow through, etc.).

Please don't sue the manufacturer.

Not so fast! Im sure the laser had a warning on it, but what about the mirror? Who ever made that mirror should have know that someone could have shone a laser at it and it would reflect back into said persons eyes. I think there is a strong case here. I think its time to start calling the attorneys. Heck this could be cause for a class action suit. They need to pay!!! :s0114:

When you become more comfortable with the American version of English, you will understand that "not totally comfortable" is not a synonym for "afraid". It's not even close.

Sure bro,spin it how ever you want."not totally comfortable" reads skeered to me

As in "I probably shouldn't even own a gun,cause I'm not really sure how to unload it to be safe,before I shine a laser in the mirror and blind myself"

Again kiddo,spin it how ever you want.I am totally comfortable with my poor interpretation of the English language and my ability to unload my firearms,so I can practice drawing......

WITHOUT a mirror or a laser to blind myself.

But that's just me

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads