JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The word 'catapult' comes from the Latin 'catapulta', which in turn comes from the Ancient Greek καταπέλτης (katapeltēs), itself from (kata), "downwards" + πάλλω (pallō), "to toss, to hurl". Catapults were invented by the ancient Greeks.

With that in mind, I guess that those of us over here in Europe can call it whatever we like.

Just as you, over there, can call it whatever YOU like. :rolleyes:

tac
Tossers. lol

Yeabut, do dry fire with your actual gun.. the more the better.

I recently picked up a LaserLyte Laser Trainer Target and LaserLyte Laser Trainer Cartridge. It makes dry firing more enjoyable because I can see how I am doing and adds a bit more challenge. Almost $200 for the pair, but I think it has really helped me improve quickly.

Just checking before I offered these, speer plastic bullets - MidwayUSA
I've used them with good results, reuseable also.
PRIMER ONLY, no powder!

Those look like they might be fun, though looks like they're really only for revolver? I see they have a .45 cal, but with the shape of those bullets, I doubt they'd feed from a magazine, or even fit in them, and no doubt you'd have to manually cycle the slide in any case.

I assume you mean slingshot??:rolleyes: I forget many outside the US refer to them as 'catapults', haven't heard them called that in a while, at least not since I was a regular on Joerg Sprave's Slingshot Channel forum.

Good idea though. I have a rather healthy collection of slingshots/catapults - I'll have to try the ice cube trick.

I MANY years ago found Airsoft for this. We still had a couple cats then. Strays would now and then show up come in the yard and want to fight with ours. Saw one at Wally, battery powered full auto. Brought it home to try. Ended up being able to fire it strait into my hand no problem so I was sure it was safe. Did not want to hurt the cats. I works amazingly well. Seems to scare the crap out of stray cats and dogs. Guess because they don't know what's raining down on them. Ended up buying a couple of them. Kids used to have fun with them when they would come over. Chasing each other around the yard with them. :D

I like Tacs idea.

Cat a Pult.jpg

I practice my CC draw standing naked in front on the full length mirror in the corner of my bedroom when I can.

Glad to see another member does it like I do. So I don't sound like a goofball on being the only one, tell me first where you holster it?

On a serious note: I use my pistol. I run snap caps - I don't run modified ammo that I make since they would be too similar.

On practices I've been starting to use an app on my phone that calls out things like "Draw, fire once - holster" and such. It gives two beeps to do your drill inside of and they get faster as you go. There are misfires, malfunctions and reloads incorporated into that as well. Snapcaps make a mess all over the floor so most of the time I'm dryfiring raw with that drill.

I practice with what I carry.

I was out with a friend the other day and he has a different pistol type that I do. I grabbed his pistol and simulated a draw. The sights were not aligned. Odd, I did it again... same. Used my pistol and pulled up the same; sights were perfectly aligned and on target.

Something about the angle of the grip caused his pistol to be aimed about 3 feet low at 10 yards. I swapped back to his pistol again and the same thing. Since he was not used to that pistol yet he could not tell the difference. I exclusively have XD pistols (classic XD and two Mod.2's) and the grip angle and sight heights are the same. Weapons familiarity was beneficial to getting the spot on draw.

I just use the laserlyte training system. Comes with targets and a fake gun that has a realistic 5 pound trigger pull. Great for the family too! My wife and daughter also like to like to practice with it as well.

[QUOTE="Dyjital, post: 1610383, member: Weapons familiarity was beneficial to getting the spot on draw.[/QUOTE]

Now that is a good reason people need to practice with everything they keep for protection. Don't want to need it some day and miss.

Yep! You have indeed discovered a fun way to practice! As the others said, shooting is excellent practice for shooting! :) I have a nearly 40 year old RWS .177 springer. It's deadly accurate for pests, and the trigger is so good that only about three of my sporters are better. Great practice rifle!
Started my son and grandson on the air guns too. I'm between air pistols now, I can't remember how many I've shot to death. Problem is I want a good trigger and sights on an accurate gun, but I'm too cheap to lay out the cash. ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top