JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I know I'm supposed to dry fire to become a better shooter, but it's so freakin' boring. So I've taken up shooting my air pistols right in my office. I've got an Umarex Colt 1911 A1 and a Crosman 1733, both .177. I've got a bullet trap on the other side of the office. Do-All Bullet Box : Cabela's This is SO much more fun than dry firing.

Sure, the trigger isn't quite the same as a real gun, but it feels like I'm building the same muscle memory.

Anyone else do this too?

Scott

ANY shooting is good. I too use an air gun when can't or won't get to range. I well remember when I was a kid and got my first air rifle. I saved and paid. Parents had a hard time getting me to come in the house to eat for weeks. Next time Dad took me to shoot my .22 I out shot him so badly he was very impressed. Any practice is good.

Went out shooting with some friends and one guy had a BB revolver that looked and handled like a Colt Single Action Army ... It was a hoot to shoot.

So much So that I am saving my pennies for one myself.

Air guns can indeed be a good and fun training tool.
Andy

Last Edited:
Well, I have a few 6mm airsoft SIGs, Glocks, M1911s, and a Luger - all with operating blowback actions. I also have a Tanfoglio IPSC and Walther P88 in .177 cal - shooting pellets rather than little white plastic balls. And I have a collection of what I call 'proper' target air pistols of the serious kind.

Depending on how I feel, I shoot most every day - at reactive as well as passive targets. It helps me to remember what I need to remember when shooting a handgun of any kind, since the only kind I can shoot over here is either a kooky-looking .22 or .357/44, or my .44cal BP revolver.

Cheaper, too.

tac

Back to the OP, I have several blowback guns at home, airsoft and BB/Pellet. I have two that weigh about the same and have the same feel as real guns, and yes, while the triggers and the recoil are very different, I do find it helpful with acquiring the sight pictures, getting on target, getting proper point of aim. I don't use them as often as I should, but they are a lot of fun to play with. In addition, I keep an airsoft gun at the ready as my anti-squirrel/anti-starling gun for the bird feeder area - the wife and daughter won't allow me to shoot to kill (well, at least when they're home ;)), so it provides me for some extra fun and practice.

I keep an airsoft gun at the ready as my anti-squirrel/anti-starling gun for the bird feeder area - the wife and daughter won't allow me to shoot to kill (well, at least when they're home ;)), so it provides me for some extra fun and practice.

Seeing as how mrs tac and me loves birdies more than cats, I also use a non-lethal method of dealing with the feline hunters of our 'hood.

A catapult + ice cubes works just fine, and leaves no traces....;)

When THAT fails, I use THIS -

upload_2017-2-1_14-42-49.png

tac

PS - that's not a flash - my eyeballs really ARE that shade of red.....:D:eek:

A catapult + ice cubes works just fine, and leaves no traces....;)

I assume you mean slingshot??:rolleyes: I forget many outside the US refer to them as 'catapults', haven't heard them called that in a while, at least not since I was a regular on Joerg Sprave's Slingshot Channel forum.

Good idea though. I have a rather healthy collection of slingshots/catapults - I'll have to try the ice cube trick.

The word 'catapult' comes from the Latin 'catapulta', which in turn comes from the Ancient Greek καταπέλτης (katapeltēs), itself from (kata), "downwards" + πάλλω (pallō), "to toss, to hurl". Catapults were invented by the ancient Greeks.

With that in mind, I guess that those of us over here in Europe can call it whatever we like.

Just as you, over there, can call it whatever YOU like. :rolleyes:

tac

The word 'catapult' comes from the Latin 'catapulta', which in turn comes from the Ancient Greek καταπέλτης (katapeltēs), itself from (kata), "downwards" + πάλλω (pallō), "to toss, to hurl". Catapults were invented by the ancient Greeks.

With that in mind, I guess that those of us over here in Europe can call it whatever we like.

Just as you, over there, can call it whatever YOU like. :rolleyes:

tac
You were just waiting for the situation to come up for you to say that weren't you?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top