JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Curious if anyone marched....I just went and watched a bunch of lines warm up for the show tonight at Hillsboro stadium. Blue Devils (BD) and Oregon Crusaders were AWESOME!!! Got some really good vids of the drum lines. Sorry brass guys, missed it, Im a snare player. Had to stick to my roots. You know how it is....;) I wish i woulda got BD's hornline warming up. They've always given me chills....I marched in the late 90s early 2000....both corps folded. VK and West Coast Sound....

Last Edited:
Wow. I grew up in Drum Corps in the Sixties and Seventies. Royal Lancers Jr. Drum and Bugle Corps, from Portland. Back in those days, there was little money to support a Drum Corps. The American Legion was the biggest sponsor back then. They just didn't have the means to keep Drum Corps' afloat. American Legion and VFW were the governing bodies til the early seventies, and drum corps life was wonderful. Drum Corps' proliferated, and kept thousands of kids off the streets and out of trouble. Then the evolving politics of the governing bodies of drum corps became involved, DCI became the ruling body of drum corps, and most Drum Corps' went away in this area and elsewhere. The biggest and most successful corps' in Washington and Oregon are gone, as well as many of the corps' in California.

Back in the Crusaders infancy, I worked with their director. My daughter gave drum corps a try, and I helped out as a volunteer in a corps camp, but it was too late. There was just not enough interest, and definitely not enough funding. I'm glad there is at least "some" Drum Corps activity remaining in our area, and the Crusaders have survived.

Last Edited:
I know many folks that were in the Hawks. Many of us who marched in Drum Corps in the sixties and seventies are still performing today, in one capacity or another. It was a wonderful experience. Drum Corps was huge.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top