Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Drug war is lost

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MikeE, May 8, 2015.

1. MikeE

MikeE Portland Well-Known Member

Greg Ellifritz from activeresponse.com re-posted this long article at his site. It gives you the goods on why the drug war is a miserable failure. Ellifritz is a LEO and him posting this is significant, IMO.
    Read this well researched discussion and alot of baloney we have been led to believe goes out the window.While it doesn't specifically mention gun control, it goes into detail about the violence associated with drug prohibition and the reduction in violence and crime that countries like Switzerland and Portugal experienced when they de-criminalized hard drugs. If liberal Democrats were actually concerned about gun violence, they would move towards ending the drug wars instead of adding new prohibitions on guns.:
    http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/...ed:+SamHarris+The+End+Of+Faith,+by+Sam+Harris

skidder likes this.
  2. SOrez

SOrez SOR Active Member

The war on drugs is a scam. It is designed drive up the price of so called illegal drugs. Big banks launder the drug money, get caught, get fined about 10% and no bankers go to jail.

MikeE likes this.
  3. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Air America was the largest drug importer EVER during the 80's and 90's. o_O

Norm0931, Caveman Jim and MikeE like this.
  4. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

Interesting read. I dont agree with all his thoughts but I do agree with most.

5. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

That war was over before it started since the DEA agents are making the profit.
    The drug trade has always been equal to the national debt.Who's gunna stop that much money from being traded?

Stomper likes this.
  6. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Manufacturing businesses are relocating from Colorado because their employees are coming to work under the influence.

7. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

I bet jobs gained by the pot industry far outweigh those lost because of moving company's.

Pot is huge business, I read that the value of the U.S. Weed crop exceeds the value of Corn, Wheat and Soybeans combined.

My personal feeling is you should be free to stick anything you want in your own body, as long as you are not hurting someone else it's none of the governments concern. If I have a right to nothing else I have a right to do what I want to my meat sack

8. albin25

albin25 Lewiston Idaho Well-Known Member

"Drug war is lost"

Really?....again?
    Where was the last place you left It....Have you looked under the sofa cushions?
    Or, maybe it's in the fridge or in the cupboard with the Doritos and Twizzlers...
    ...like last time.
    I swear, if your head wasn't attached......!!!

(An answer in the spirit of Mother's Day)

Stomper and MikeE like this.
  9. Stomper

I thought I found it once, but it turned out to be a semi-unused condom. o_O:rolleyes:

10. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

If drugs were decriminalized, the cartels would be out of business. If the cartels were out of business, who would buy the DEA's hookers?

MikeE and IronMonster like this.
  11. PeglegJones

PeglegJones Ferndale,WA Member

Can you site a source and name the businesses?

12. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Drug war? It's always been a police action...

13. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

I am all for adults making their own choices but no drugs for kids.o_O

14. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

15. PeglegJones

16. PeglegJones

One company...bit of a reach.

17. MikeE

MikeE Portland Well-Known Member

'Semi-used' being the operative term...

18. Stomper

Creative satirical use of words to poignantly imply the "operative term", which also provides a touch of entertainment value meant to impress the reader with the sophisticated machinations of the author to strip the matter to the bone for the foolishness that it is, thereby expanding brotherly love and instilling a strong sense of true patriotism. :D

MikeE likes this.