JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was out shooting today. Technically I still am because I had car trouble and haven't made it home. That's a story for another day.

It's my home build on an Anderson lower and PSA buikd kit. I was walking and shooting @ about 30 yards. Hit some much softer dirt in a divot and down I went pretty hard in the gravel. I scoffed up a few areas of the rifle pretty good but what surprised me was one of the trigger pins came out almost 1/16" or so. The rifle continued to fire.

I don't normally throw rifles down but I've seen a few hit the deck. First time I saw a pin come out like the which wasn't at the impact point.

Just bored still waiting for the tow truck.

Glad you are unharmed! I hate dropping a firearm!

I remember vividly, oh, 40-45yrs ago holding my first custom hunting rifle up over and behind my head, while my handsome kisser, kissed a gravel road thoroughly!:(

Hope you get home soonest!

Was out shooting today. Technically I still am because I had car trouble and haven't made it home. That's a story for another day.

It's my home build on an Anderson lower and PSA buikd kit. I was walking and shooting @ about 30 yards. Hit some much softer dirt in a divot and down I went pretty hard in the gravel. I scoffed up a few areas of the rifle pretty good but what surprised me was one of the trigger pins came out almost 1/16" or so. The rifle continued to fire.

I don't normally throw rifles down but I've seen a few hit the deck. First time I saw a pin come out like the which wasn't at the impact point.

Just bored still waiting for the tow truck.

I know the feeling on the breakdown. My truck is in the garage right now with the transmission out of it!!!! I hope you get your's fixed easily and make it home safe...

Finally got home @ 1am with the loudest tow truck in the world.

I'll look into a set of anti-walk pins, I got a basic inexpensive set from TJ's Guns in McMinnville for another rifle that has a drop in trigger. I don't think a standard GI trigger should need them, though. One thought is this trigger does have the nickel boron coating. Maybe it's too slippery for it's own good. Night.

Ever notice that when you drop your rifle ( or anything else you cherish ) its always over the hardest , roughest , most unforgiving surface imaginable ?:eek:
To the OP , I hope everything works out well for you , your rifle and car.
Andy

The Drill Sgt. that still lurks within me (24 yrs later) wants to tell you to "drop and beat your face for 50" for allowing your weapon to hit the ground... but you've suffered enough already on this one, so I'll let it go.

This time. o_O

:D

Last Edited:
Finally got home @ 1am with the loudest tow truck in the world.

I'll look into a set of anti-walk pins, I got a basic inexpensive set from TJ's Guns in McMinnville for another rifle that has a drop in trigger. I don't think a standard GI trigger should need them, though. One thought is this trigger does have the nickel boron coating. Maybe it's too slippery for it's own good. Night.

I agree the pins shouldn't walk on a decent milspec trigger. Did you try pushing the pins a bit to make sure they are held by the spring tails ? May have been an oversight and an easy fix.

Good luck with the car and all.

Last Edited:
I agree the pins shouldn't walk on a decent milspec trigger. Did you try pushing the pins a bit to make sure they are held by the spring tails ? May have been an oversight from the factory and an easy fix.

Good luck with the car and all.
This ^^^
Trigger pin is held in by hammer spring tails.
Hammer pin is held in by "J spring" in hammer.

My friend dropped a brand new G20sf out near the trask mountains, under the shoulder rig and the second he stepped out of the car a snap button broke and the pistol hit the largest rock in the parking area... The look he had was exactly how I would look really pizzed off. My condolences.:(

One morning many years ago I was getting into my truck early to go deer hunting w/a buddy. I leaned my gun up between the cab and the bed, ended up getting in and driving off. As soon as I pulled away I could feel and hear what I did. I was soooooo bummed. It was a 30-06 BBR that I hadn't had that long. I ran right over the action and scope. There was some gravel stuck in the stock and some dings on the scope and I could hardly turn the power setting ring on it. All the way to the woods I was just sick to my stomach, at 1st light I pulled over and stuck a water jug on a stump at about 100 yds to check my zero. Still shot to POA amazingly.

I never got over it and ended up selling/trading the gun for an old Cardinal 4, the stock wasn't pretty and there were a couple gouges in the barrel and action, nothing major but pretty evident. The guy I traded it to is Gary Lewis, it was his 1st rifle, we used to fish together a lot back then. He and his cousin Jon (Wasatch Custom Rods) had a thing for the old Cardinal reels. Gary swore Jon would never get his 4 as he'd been after it for years. After I made the trade w/Gary I traded it to Jon for a custom rod. I thought it was funny, don't think Gary did.

I have never seen any style or model of gun dropped as much as I've seen an M-16 dropped. And it never seemed to bother them. After they've been dropped dozens of times, their operation and accuracy remained as poor as before they were dropped.:)

Last Edited:
On this one, I am the factory. Maybe I'll send a nasty letter to myself.
I have never seen any style or model of gun dropped as much as I've seen an M-16 dropped. And it never seemed to bother them. After they've been dropped dozens of times, their operation and accuracy was no worse than they were before they were dropped.:)

Sort of my point. I doubt my Stag Arms or Windham would have had an issue. This was my first build and while all the parts went together (it still fires) I could have done something better. I didn't really cheap out but I also didn't buy top of the line parts. PSA is a known company with a good record. Same with Anderson. If I didn't already have a few I'd love to try and build another.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews