JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife and I just took the pay 101 class at the Clackamas range yesterday. (Both passed). During the class the subject of drop safety came up. All modern handguns should not accidentally fire if dropped. One of the guns we have purchased in the last few months is a ruger lcp 2. In the owners manual it says the gun can accidentally discharge if dropped hit.
Any comments? Have an email into ruger about this. There is a recall on the original lcp for this problem.

The LCP2 does not have a firing pin block so it is only the sear that is holding the firing pin from moving. A firing pin block is a safety feature that is in the way of the firing pin until the trigger is actually pulled.

For example, The original 1911 did not have a firing pin block (series 70) but was ungraded to have one later (series 80).

So I imagine Ruger('s lawyers) will tell you not to carry with a round in the chamber because of this

Any gun has potential to fire if dropped, even those with safeties to guard against such. Machines break and fail at the worst times. Guns are just machines. Firing pin blocks and transfer bars can break or get stuck, its rare but possible. I'm not trying to minimize your concern, but men have been carrying non firing pin safety guns for longer than the 'drop safe' guns have existed, and its a pretty rare occurance for accidents to happen.

And remember uzi's not only dont have a drop safety but they have a hold the trigger down feature when dropped

I should also note that this documentary is required viewing before a legislator makes an anti-gun law

02A780BD-CFAB-4AB0-B2CC-1A5A66E7EDA7.jpeg

:rolleyes::D:eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews