JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
6EF90861-6DD7-472B-A9E2-60A068E09C2C.jpeg
I use Safariland ubl and Qls fork. The holster is redhill tactical

So I got around to this and picked the gcode RTI and XST holster. The belt drop is perfect,.... but I dont think I can get used to the offset. Any suggestions?

drop.jpg

So I got around to this and picked the gcode RTI and XST holster. The belt drop is perfect,.... but I dont think I can get used to the offset. Any suggestions?

View attachment 653447

Crap. I'm Sorry. I remember the offset bugging me a bit in the beginning too and I should have mentioned it but it slipped my mind as I've gotten so used to it at this point. I also will mostly run one of their "Mule" rigs these days and it's not as pronounced.

Is it the distance between the gun and your body that is bugging you or is it wanting the holster in a more vertical orientation...which would also bring it in closer to your body just a bit?

I've always wondered why G Code didn't make another bracket that would orient the holster more vertically. Seems like it would be really easy for them to do.

But with the above said, what would Plan B be? For most people it's either G code or a Safariland UBL drop with a QLS mount. And that has some offset too, albeit perhaps not quite as much...and the holster is oriented a bit more vertically...I think.

Note: I tried to find a picture that I think is accurate of a Safariland rig and I think the below is pretty close but I'm obviously not familiar with every holster they make. I believe the below is a mid ride UBL on a QLS mount with an added thigh strap.

09D7D88-41B8-40F8-990E-99AD729FEDFE-e1537496410721.jpg

@L84Cabo no worries. Ive spent my life chasing the mysterious perfect holster to no avail... but this is a fully functional holster that did solve the problem I was after.
Its mostly the horizontal distance (offset) that bothered me. This is a product of the Level II retention mechanism. I swung by the hardware store and bought shorter screws and flange nuts and simply removed the hood system and it brought the holster in much closer. Im still not keen with it but it clears the hip belt just the right amount. Im a little disappointed I cant include the hood but the level I retention on this is quite solid.

Selection_001.jpg

@L84Cabo no worries. Ive spent my life chasing the mysterious perfect holster to no avail... but this is a fully functional holster that did solve the problem I was after.
Its mostly the horizontal distance (offset) that bothered me. This is a product of the Level II retention mechanism. I swung by the hardware store and bought shorter screws and flange nuts and simply removed the hood system and it brought the holster in much closer. Im still not keen with it but it clears the hip belt just the right amount. Im a little disappointed I cant include the hood but the level I retention on this is quite solid.

View attachment 653505
Well that looks much better! And I'm not sure you could go much closer on that and still clear your belt.

If retention turns out to be an issue, you may also want to look at a Safariland ALS rig...Not that you wanted to buy another holster. But the ALS (just the ALS without their hood) gives you level 2 retention but without the hood apparatus to kick things out. And they will mount up to the RTS wheel with the right bracket.

I feel your pain in the quest for the perfect holster. :rolleyes:

Level II retention isn't a deal breaker because I will only use this hunting where the risk of a personal attack is virtually none. The retention on molded plastic holsters is usually tight enough to withstand the also low risk of falling in rough steep terrain. I did like the level II hood though. The Safariland ALS was a close second choice but at these price points I need to learn to live with what I chose.

I... simply removed the hood system and it brought the holster in much closer.
Good thinkin', but kind of a bummer since now it is virtually an OSH holster. A fine piece... but about 25 bucks less than the XST.

I'm looking for a similar setup and you (and this thread) provided me with some good info.

I'll probably go with the G-Code RTI as well. I have a couple of their INCOG IWB rigs and like them alot. Plus, they offer holsters for XDM... not everyone does.

Sorry you took the hit, but thanks for following-up.

Good thinkin', but kind of a bummer since now it is virtually an OSH holster. A fine piece... but about 25 bucks less than the XST.

I'm looking for a similar setup and you (and this thread) provided me with some good info.

I'll probably go with the G-Code RTI as well. I have a couple of their INCOG IWB rigs and like them alot. Plus, they offer holsters for XDM... not everyone does.

Sorry you took the hit, but thanks for following-up.

Sometimes you gotta take the hit to find what you want (I have that preverbial box of expensive but useless holsters...). I have a system now that works perfectly with a pack for hunting. I did my homework and most of the replies in this thread helped me choose a platform that is well built and will work even if not perfect.
I told myself if I didnt like it I could sell it while still in new condition. I can do that with the XST still, but looking at it I like the way the XST covers and protects the upper part of the gun as well as shrouding the 1911s thumb safety, for an offset drop OWB that might be important for a gun with an external safety. I'll think about it. And who knows maybe someone will come up with a new holster that connects with the RTI. I like the modularity of this system.

Does anyone know of an adapter to drop an OWB pistol holster? If not does anyone have any complete drop holsters to recommend?
note: not a thigh or leg holster. Something that will allow one to wear a pack with hip belt without going to a leg holster.

The closest Ive found it this by cascadiaconcealment. It looks ok but Id like to see if there are other options.

View attachment 633399
Look at Dara holsters for a drop down. I like the front cut out a bit also to make a draw easier, especially if you are carrying a pack/belt. Quality holster

Last Edited:
And who knows maybe someone will come up with a new holster that connects with the RTI. I like the modularity of this system.

Just FYI...I believe all of the below make an RTI compatible holster. There's probably more too but these are the ones I know of off the top of my head. They probably will also mount to a Safariland QLS setup too.

Safariland
TRex Arms
Tier 1 Concealed
ANR Design
CompTac

Just FYI...I believe all of the below make an RTI compatible holster. There's probably more too but these are the ones I know of off the top of my head. They probably will also mount to a Safariland QLS setup too.

Safariland
TRex Arms
Tier 1 Concealed
ANR Design
CompTac

Oh this is good info. The T1 Centurion is out of stock but I like, The ANR NIDHOGG Drop Leg Tac Holster is friggin perfect for me but they dont make for my gun...
Can you tell if the Comp-tac International Duty Holster is RTI compatible?

Oh this is good info. The T1 Centurion is out of stock but I like, The ANR NIDHOGG Drop Leg Tac Holster is friggin perfect for me but they dont make for my gun...
Can you tell if the Comp-tac International Duty Holster is RTI compatible?

I think it is. It says this...

Cant: The holster is designed with 8 mounting holes which allow it to be configured for a straight/speed draw, an FBI cant, or a cross draw rearward cant. Easily changeable, the holster is compatible with many mounting systems offered by other holster manufacturers.

Pretty sure they mean Safariland and G Code. But shoot them a quick email to be safe. :)

The NIDHOGG is Safariland level pricing and at that point I think I'd rather have a Safariland ALS rig...if one was available for the particular gun I had. That's me though. I just really like the ALS feature.

Pretty sure they mean Safariland and G Code. But shoot them a quick email to be safe.
Good tip, I just wish companies showed pics and typed out options better.

the deeper I dive into this the more options turn up. Appreciate your help and tips along the way.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top