JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know of an adapter to drop an OWB pistol holster? If not does anyone have any complete drop holsters to recommend?
note: not a thigh or leg holster. Something that will allow one to wear a pack with hip belt without going to a leg holster.

The closest Ive found it this by cascadiaconcealment. It looks ok but Id like to see if there are other options.

6085778178_7274573563082833920_n__92935.1516391205.jpg

I saw someone on YouTube and picked up one of these. I think it's a cheaper version of something else.
I've only used it briefly as I switched guns and just recently found a holster for my CZP10f and lists this type as a mounting option

Holster

Don't know what pistol you have or how much drop you need, but the Comp-Tac International comes as a kit with an array of configurations, one of which is a drop offset. I've had 2 and like them, they work well, and the price is quite reasonable, under $70. Later.

Do you want a retention style holster, or just a normal Kydex rig with a drop?

For a retention style holster, I like Safariland's ALS and SLS holsters - which use their universal mounting hardware, you can switch from high ride, to mid ride, low ride (drop) to thigh or chest mounts.

G-Code also makes a lot of mounts.

You may be able to get a mount from knifekits.com - its where I get most of my kydex forming supplies, they have a slew of belt mount options and usually have something like what you're seeking that may work with an existing holster.

Don't know what pistol you have or how much drop you need, but the Comp-Tac International comes as a kit with an array of configurations, one of which is a drop offset. I've had 2 and like them, they work well, and the price is quite reasonable, under $70. Later.

Nice, thank you. That comp-tac looks pretty much like what I need. I will be considering this one. I dont need much drop just enough to use a hip belt on a pack, most belt holsters ride high on purpose for concealment with jacket or something.

Do you want a retention style holster, or just a normal Kydex rig with a drop?

For a retention style holster, I like Safariland's ALS and SLS holsters - which use their universal mounting hardware, you can switch from high ride, to mid ride, low ride (drop) to thigh or chest mounts.

G-Code also makes a lot of mounts.

You may be able to get a mount from knifekits.com - its where I get most of my kydex forming supplies, they have a slew of belt mount options and usually have something like what you're seeking that may work with an existing holster.

I like the looks of the Safariland between that and the comp-tac mentioned I may have found a new holster.

The last few years Ive been straying away from the duty/"tacticool" look and have bought some leather OWB holsters mostly for hunting. I would like to utilize my leather holsters but doubt I can make them work with an adapter but will look around the knifekits site, I like what Im seeing there maybe I can get creative they do have a good selection of drop belt loops that are modular that will probably work with one of their kydex shells.

Some good ideas shared here that gives me options, thanks all for sharing.

Does anyone know of an adapter to drop an OWB pistol holster? If not does anyone have any complete drop holsters to recommend?
note: not a thigh or leg holster. Something that will allow one to wear a pack with hip belt without going to a leg holster.

The closest Ive found it this by cascadiaconcealment. It looks ok but Id like to see if there are other options.

View attachment 633399

You can buy different lengths from Safariland to suit your liking and attach to any holster with the same hole pattern. Remember that the longer the belt attachment, the more chance for binding during your draw. You may need a thigh strap regardless to keep the holster from lifting.

You can buy different lengths from Safariland to suit your liking and attach to any holster with the same hole pattern. Remember that the longer the belt attachment, the more chance for binding during your draw. You may need a thigh strap regardless to keep the holster from lifting.
Im hoping I dont need a thigh strap, if so I will probably just stick with what Ive been doing. I dont think I need much drop though, just an inch or two to give the pack belt a bit more room.

Im hoping I dont need a thigh strap, if so I will probably just stick with what Ive been doing. I dont think I need much drop though, just an inch or two to give the pack belt a bit more room.

Where are you located? I have all sorts of attachments and options you can try to figure out what combo works. A standard length belt attachment may work if you use a QLS.

I have two duty belts, one rigged with a standard level 3 holster with a standard drop belt attachment. I use it when wearing a concealed vest under a shirt.

When I wanted a lower draw to clear an outer vest carrier, I tried the longer belt attachment and found it difficult to sit. I was able to use a QLS to get the holster away from my body, but it made going through doors more difficult. I settled on the hard-backed thigh holster with single strap. Really comfortable, rigid enough to run in, flexible enough to sit and be comfortable.

Where are you located? I have all sorts of attachments and options you can try to figure out what combo works. A standard length belt attachment may work if you use a QLS.
I'm west of Portland but it would be hard for me to get away this weekend to check out options. I'm still looking thru the links posted here but can tell the comp-tac International holster will definitely work for what I need and will probably buy that.

10241_2__59333.1510777314.jpg

Trex arms sells a VERY similar kit. Unless you have a glock, there wont be anytthing "ready to ship" but their lead times arent bad.

Im looking for something like this, but with retention.

I'm west of Portland but it would be hard for me to get away this weekend to check out options. I'm still looking thru the links posted here but can tell the comp-tac International holster will definitely work for what I need and will probably buy that.

View attachment 633502

Cascadia Concealment is located in Olympia and will make you whatever you want in any color-pattern for less. He'll probably give you more input as well.

Safariland makes their Universal Belt Loop (UBL) in a couple different drop lengths and then you can mount whichever ALS/SLS holster rig you want onto it.

G Code has a new drop mount that allows for the attachment of a leg strap to help stabilize it, and then you can attach one of their holsters to it. Note that they pattern their stuff to work with Safariland holsters. So if you like G Code's RTI system better than Safariland's QLS system, but prefer a Safariland holster, it will all fit together.

T Rex Arms also patterns their Ragnarok holster to work with both Safariland and G Code mounts, so there's a another holster option for you.

Note that with these types of drop mounts the thigh straps are somewhat optional. Anything on a drop mount may move around a bit if/when you run...and perhaps a bit when you are drawing the weapon. So a thigh strap makes it more stable but you may find that you don't need it.

Also note that you may find it uncomfortable to wear a drop mount with a hip belt over it. The pressure from the hip belt may press the holster mount into you and cause rubbing/pain. A drop leg rig with just a simple down-strap, like the one below, may be the most comfortable setup. But obviously an actual drop leg rig will require a thigh strap, which I think you're trying to avoid. But it may ultimately be a tradeoff you're willing to accept.

Lastly have you considered if there is a way to mount a holster to your actual hip belt? I have no idea what you're working with but perhaps it's possible?? Just a thought. :)

G Code has a new drop mount that allows for the attachment of a leg strap to help stabilize it, and then you can attach one of their holsters to it. Note that they pattern their stuff to work with Safariland holsters. So if you like G Code's RTI system better than Safariland's QLS system, but prefer a Safariland holster, it will all fit together.

I'm really liking the look and modularity of the G-Code RTI drop platform.
It looks like a new product... do you know how well the RTI wheel works? Can a compatible holster attach to the drop platform without it? Im assuming the RTI wheel is more of a modular quick connect accessory thats optional. Im thinking about pairing this with the XST RTI holster.

I'm really liking the look and modularity of the G-Code RTI drop platform.
It looks like a new product... do you know how well the RTI wheel works? Can a compatible holster attach to the drop platform without it? Im assuming the RTI wheel is more of a modular quick connect accessory thats optional. Im thinking about pairing this with the XST RTI holster.
The RTI wheel/system is excellent and it is NOT new. It's been around since G Code began...or pretty close to it. G Code has had a drop mount for forever too. What is new is the attachment on the bottom of the drop mount for the thigh strap. People have been asking for a way to attach a thigh strap for quite awhile so it's nice to see that they finally responded.

As for quality of the RTI system, they're good to go. I've been running a few of them for years and have never had any problems with them. I'd use either G Code's RTI system or Safariland's QLS mounts without hesitation. But either way, you will love the flexibility of the quick attach and you'll want a holster for each of your guns. It's so easy to swap things out on the range without having to thread and unthread crap.

I've also got a couple XST holsters and they're top notch as well. If you're going for a holster with a rotating hood, I prefer G Code over Safariland, as G Code's hood is spring loaded. Safariland's isn't and you actually have to push it out of the way. It's a little bit slower process and requires a bit more force...which could be a plus if you were ever trying to stop someone from taking your gun. I can see if you were a police officer where retention was your top priority, you might prefer Safariland over G Code. But this isn't a requirement for me so I prefer a spring loaded hood.

But with that said, I greatly prefer a Safariland's ALS holster without a rotating hood (assuming they make one for my gun). It's just a bit faster than a hood and you still get great retention without having to put the hood back in place after every draw.

And if you go with an ALS rig, get you an "OTDefense nub mod" for the ALS button. It's $25 well spent. :)

Last Edited:
I also vote for the G-Code RTI setup. Along w their own stuff, you'll find a bunch of other holster manufacturers offering the RTI mount as an option... kind of like how MLOK, while proprietary, has become popular enough to be the standard.

Also, just about any duty-type of holster will give you the drop you need or offer it as an option.

If you're looking for just an adapter to work w an existing holster you might be SOL unless it's platform is supported by one of the big-guys like Safariland, G Code, etc.

Last Edited:
Have you considered a chest rig? Back when I was fishing and hiking a lot, it was my favorite way to carry. Out of the way, easy access and the gun offsets the weight of the pack, if only a little.

Have you considered a chest rig? Back when I was fishing and hiking a lot, it was my favorite way to carry. Out of the way, easy access and the gun offsets the weight of the pack, if only a little.

I have but when im hunting i have a chest rig to carry my binos....

I do have a Hill People Gear chest pack for recreational hiking I prefer to conceal carry, but it wont fit both my binos and pistol at the same time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top