JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
wont fall out of the gun? that what i always figured atleast.

I have used cheap mags that actually fall out while shooting. more expensive mags note the "drop free" and dont fall out so I put the to together.

I could be wrong though.

thanks.that would be bummer while shooting,with the mag falling out,i thought it was they have never been dropped straight out of the pistol onto the floor.

A drop free magazine system is how most autoloading pistols are set up. You push the mag catch button and the magazine "drops free" to wherever gravity takes it.

Certain pistols, such as the standard CZ-75B and earliest Glocks, take a different approach called "non-drop free" or "magazine brake" systems where you push the mag catch button and the magazine drops out of the well only enough to be gripped and ripped from the magazine well.

The first system regards empty magazines as rather "disposable," especially in shoot and scoot situations. The second is supposed to reinforce the idea of retention of the magazine on the shooter's person as an object of some value and reuse, even on the battlefield.

The "American" preference seems to be for drop free as Glock has eliminated this feature as standard and lots of CZ pistols no longer have the mag brake.

AFAIK, the newer Glocks have drop free mags. The early ones didn't. My newer G23 will drop free.

I don't have a pic of a non-drop free glock mag, but they are rounded at the top rather than squared off as in the pic of a drop free below. You can readily tell the diff.

Glock23df2.jpg

OK, found a pic of an older non-drop free Glock mag.

Glock23Ndf.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top