JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just because you don't necessarily have to register them, does not mean you can fly them anytime anywhere.

Check the FAA website
Federal Aviation Administration

Unmanned Aircraft Systems

Drone Photographer Arrested After Flying Over Forest Fire
An Arizona law was passed last year that made it a crime to interfere with firefighting efforts by flying a drone. A no-fly zone had also been declared above the fire, but Carpenter still decided to fly his drone in the area to shoot photos of the scene.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...de-drone-flights-over-goodwin-fire/446080001/
The Yavapai County Sheriff's Office reported Saturday that Gene Alan Carpenter was arrested on charges of endangerment and unlawful operation of an unmanned aircraft.

Carpenter is accused of endangering 14 aircraft and air crews as well as ground fire crews with a "substantial risk of imminent death or physical injury" by flying a drone in the fire's airspace.

I was at opening night for the Portland city fair a little ways back, and was watching for them during the fireworks show. Saw 3-4 pairs of blinking red/green lights from the dji phantoms buzzing about over the river.

Kept wondering if I'd see one fly a little too close to one of the firework shells as it went off. That'd be amusing to watch.

A couple years ago when these started to get better and cheaper at the same time I said this will soon become a huge problem. When they started passing laws I said the same again. The laws will of course do nothing until a few morons are caused real pain for all to see. Personal responsibility has been made an obscenity for quite a while. No one is ever responsible for what they do. Until a few idiots have to pay big nothing will change. One of these "toy's" will cause some major problem. Of course the one who does it will have that deer in the headlights look on their face as they end up in court facing real problems. <shrug>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top