JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Never let a good crisis go to waste. This doesn't surprise me one bit.
From the article,
"According to Express, drones being used to find Christopher Dorner are on the hunt for the ex-soldier who killed three people and vows to kill more in the near future. The police are planning to use spy drones in order to zero in on his location as they believe Dorner is holed-up in the San Bernardino mountains."
Read more at Drones Being Used to Find Christopher Dorner as the Search Continues*|*American Live Wire

I couldn't figure out how the government was going to roll out the drone program in America..............guess that answers that.

Get your tags!:s0112:

drone_hunting.jpg

According to Express, drones being used to find Christopher Dorner are on the hunt for the ex-soldier[/url]

I couldn't figure out how the government was going to roll out the drone program in America..............guess that answers that.

get your crap straight. he wasn't a soldier. he was a seaman. there is a difference.

According to Express, drones being used to find Christopher Dorner are on the hunt for the ex-soldier who killed three people and vows to kill more in the near future. The police are planning to use spy drones in order to zero in on his location as they believe Dorner is holed-up in the San Bernardino mountains.
Read more at Drones Being Used to Find Christopher Dorner as the Search Continues*|*American Live Wire

Looks like "Civillian75" hit the nail on the head.:s0152:

According to Express, drones being used to find Christopher Dorner are on the hunt for the ex-soldier who killed three people and vows to kill more in the near future.

ALLEGEDLY. Last time I checked he had not actually been charged with murder and has definitely not been convicted. He's a SUSPECT.

get your crap straight. he wasn't a soldier. he was a seaman. there is a difference.

He was an officer. Seaman is considered towards the enlisted ranks, more specifically the three lowest enlisted ranks. Plus his 'mentor' or close friend was a cm1. So he likely didn't sit on a ship much other than the 30 days it takes to get a sea service ribbon. He played more of a amphibious role (bdu's).

He was an officer. Seaman is considered towards the enlisted ranks, more specifically the three lowest enlisted ranks. Plus his 'mentor' or close friend was a cm1. So he likely didn't sit on a ship much other than the 30 days it takes to get a sea service ribbon. He played more of a amphibious role (bdu's).

thanks for furthering my own correction. i honestly don't understand naval ranks. when i first saw petty officers (lots of them in one place), i thought they were all colonels! fortunately i didn't salute any of them. man, that would have been a major red face, go hide in a dark corner moment! :s0114:

... i thought they were all colonels! fortunately i didn't salute any of them. man, that would have been a major red face, go hide in a dark corner moment! :s0114:

Don't feel bad. I think I saluted a chief once by accident when I was a PFC. It was sunny and all I could see was shinny color points so out of reflex I saluted.

Back on topic. If they do use a drone to take him out the backlash should be spectacular.

I find it ridiculous but somehow entertaining that there are those that would still describe themselves as being free in this country.

“To be governed is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so.

It is, under pretext of public utility, and in the name of the general interest, to be placed under contribution, drilled, fleeced, exploited, monopolized, extorted from, squeezed, hoaxed, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance, the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined, vilified, harassed, hunted down, abused, clubbed, disarmed, bound, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned, shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and to crown all, mocked, ridiculed, derided, outraged, dishonoured.

That is government; that is it’s justice; that is it’s morality.”

– Pierre-Joseph Proudhon, 19th century French philosopher

I find it ridiculous but somehow entertaining that there are those that would still describe themselves as being free in this country.

"To be governed is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so.

It is, under pretext of public utility, and in the name of the general interest, to be placed under contribution, drilled, fleeced, exploited, monopolized, extorted from, squeezed, hoaxed, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance, the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined, vilified, harassed, hunted down, abused, clubbed, disarmed, bound, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned, shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and to crown all, mocked, ridiculed, derided, outraged, dishonoured.

That is government; that is it's justice; that is it's morality."

– Pierre-Joseph Proudhon, 19th century French philosopher

I don't consider myself 'free' but I do consider my predicament better off than if i was in jail/prison or that of any government worker who lives only to place people in such a predicament.

Well, now he is a "Domestic Terrorist" so no more trial. They can kill him with zero rights whatsoever.

By killing the 16 year old American son of that American dude in yemen just because he was his son, this guy wasn't anymore right in killing the daughter of that former LAPD officer that represented him. According to the us governments logic and dorners, they both are doing equal justice.

So the source of this story is a UK tabloid newspaper? And how is this different then what the National Guard has been doing for over a decade with their FLIR systems? they aren't going to waste a 150K missle shooting at this guy in the Sierra Madres.

Don't feel bad. I think I saluted a chief once by accident when I was a PFC. It was sunny and all I could see was shinny color points so out of reflex I saluted.

Back on topic. If they do use a drone to take him out the backlash should be spectacular.

As a Navy PO 2nd Class (E5) I once had an interesting conversation with a Marine corporal (E4) at Subase Pearl. Seems I'd stepped out of the crosswalk while crossing the street, so he yelled, "Hey squirrel! Come back here!" and was preparing to write me up.

I walked back and stood about about a foot from him and growled, "Now, what the #$%^& do you want?"

He was a little surprised, and I think he understood that things weren't going as expected. He explained what I'd done and that he was going to write me up. I told him to give me a blank report chit as well and to call the Corporal of the Guard because he'd shown disrespect to a superior NCO. He pointed to my two chevrons and said, "But you're not a superior NCO."

I said, "Son, apparently you just don't understand the sergeant - corporal relationship."

When the CoG got there we negotiated a deal and nobody got written up.

So the source of this story is a UK tabloid newspaper? And how is this different then what the National Guard has been doing for over a decade with their FLIR systems? they aren't going to waste a 150K missle shooting at this guy in the Sierra Madres.
if you read the article you would have noted the police assured the public the drones are of the unarmed variety. Well this time at least. :cool:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top