JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So my mom drives a pi$$ yellow PT cruzer lol ugly I think but she loves it.
And when she wants me to go shopping with her she always wants me to drive lol so I had to decorate the back to make it drivable by me.
She laughed and believe it or not she gets lots of compliments on her stickers HEHEE MVIMG_20180427_170230.jpg MVIMG_20180427_170237.jpg IMG_20180427_170242.jpg IMG_20180427_170255.jpg

So my mom drives a pi$$ yellow PT cruzer lol ugly I think but she loves it.
And when she wants me to go shopping with her she always wants me to drive lol so I had to decorate the back to make it drivable by me.
She laughed and believe it or not she gets lots of compliments on her stickers HEHEEView attachment 454539 View attachment 454540 View attachment 454541 View attachment 454542

You might get away with that in Anacortes. Don't try that in PDX. Or at least don't leave it parked in public unattended!

Ok...I'll play...

If you're in the #1 lane...even if you're going 5 or 10 over...and there are people behind you trying to pass...YOU are the freaking problem! Your license should be revoked, your car should be impounded, and you should never be allowed to drive anything larger than tricycle ever again!

Ahhhh...I feel so much better now. :D

I saw an SUV, maybe an Isuzu Trooper, in Washington with a long, maybe 6" diameter pipe strapped to the middle of the luggage rack on top - there may have been a size reduction in the front - can't remember. It stuck out over the hood, and he'd installed a good sized circle at the front of the pipe - on top - with a plus sign type gun sight in the circle. On the side of the pipe it said "Go ahead, make my day."
:)

Sight was similar to this:
http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...-anti-aircraft-sight-spider-net-2_tech_1a.jpg

People droning along who are unaware that they are driving.
People (sheeple) who cluster together in a herd mentality and block faster traffic.
People who brake for emergency traffic on the other side of the barrier.
People who brake when LE has a car already stopped - what, is he gonna tear up that ticket to come after you?

VW had it right: "Drivers wanted."

Ok...I'll play...

If you're in the #1 lane...even if you're going 5 or 10 over...and there are people behind you trying to pass...YOU are the freaking problem! Your license should be revoked, your car should be impounded, and you should never be allowed to drive anything larger than tricycle ever again!

Ahhhh...I feel so much better now. :D

If I'm in the left lane going over the speed limit some in moderate to heavy traffic, and passing cars, I won't hit the brakes to pull over into slower traffic so someone can get by. They need to wait until I get to an opening in the lane to the right.

Something that drives me nuts is when traffic (We'll say I-5 between PDX/Salem) is somewhat dispersed and you'll have maybe five cars, all going the same speed, effectively blocking all three lanes. It's really common in that stretch to have the two right lanes blocked that way, forcing the faster traffic to squeeze by the rolling blockade in one lane. Oh, and their doing the speed limit, on clear day with dry roads and perfect visibility.

I'm constantly baffled at how I can drive from Portland to Seattle and pass more cars on the right than on the left. I just drive to get away from all the other drivers as fast as possible unfortunately that isn't always possible.

I will admit to bubbleguming with left lane losers that are too lazy|arrogant|stupid to pull over.

Yesterday I was just starting to cross the Ross Island bridge while heading east when I saw a semi truck with a 40' trailer directly behind a woman in a small car on that curved SW Barbur Blvd south side on ramp.
I have found a little known shortcut that avoids the long backups on the SW Barbur Blvd on ramp approach that can be all the way up to the Swan Mart that's at least a 1/3rd of a mile long during rush hour, which it wasn't at that time, but was actually further backed up then normal for that time.
I thought there must be an accident or road work going on.
I had slowed my work van to almost a complete stop after passing under Barbur Blvd so as to give the car driver a green light to head over the bridge and let the truck get on the bridge when she just crept out a few inches like she wouldn't turn out onto the bridge unless there was a sign from God or something.
I could see the truck driver in his cab waving his hands in the air in total frustration and probably cursing up a storm.
She finally crept out and immediately turned on her right turn signal to try and cross into the other lane which is directly across from the north side on ramp.
She finally got far enough out of the way for the semi to get free of that ramp and head over the bridge.
The trucker flashed his running lights to say thanks and also gave me a thumbs up out his window.
You couldn't pay me enough to drive a semi rig in the Portland area.

Last Edited:
You couldn't pay me enough to drive a semi rig in the Portland area.

A lot of companies that can operate during off hours to get away from the traffic so they can actually keep a schedule and make money. I used to take my Freightliner and 52 foot trailer with construction equipment to Portland about 3 times a month. I would be on the site at 4 am most times, get the stuff unloaded and back out of the sh*thole town by 7 am.

It used to irritate some of the neighboring residents or business when I was firing up excavators and dozers to unload them at that time, but by the time they could complain or the cops got there I was gone. I would rather drive to Eugene for work that go to Portland, and the time was about the same.

I came through one intersection with a green light and some jackazz on a bicycle ran his red light and then flipped me off. Bicycle rider..meet Freightliner... 105,000 pounds at 35 mph...

My main pet peeve with anybody on the road (drivers or motorcyclists) is following too closely. Combined with not paying attention this accounts for most accidents. I have been hit from behind 10 times, and almost hit many more times, and no it wasn't because I purposely slammed on my brakes - it was because they were not paying attention - and one of them drove off (I did get their license # and reported them to the WSP, who treated it like it was an annoyance to them to have to take the report, and who wound up doing nothing because they were from BC).

I try to always allow for a safe distance in front of me.

On a single lane highway that has occasional passing lanes, when everyone does 10 over when there's a passing lane, and 10 under when it's single lane.

When you want to go 7 over and are passing everyone going 5 under or the limit in the left lane and someone waits until you are almost past everyone and they decide they want to go .5 mph over the limit so they jump out in front of you, making you slow way down and take 11 miles to pass a car.

People who don't know how to negotiate a 4 way stop or an uncontrolled intersection.

People who don't know that when you are crossing a road, the person that is going straight across has the right a way, even though they didn't get there first.

You're just jealous because the Prius drivers are getting 50 mpg and gas prices are climbing! :D
1980s diesel Rabbit, either the truck or the car, and other diesel subcompacts were doing 45-50 mpg on diesel back then :rolleyes:
Someome was able to set up a 2wd 80s CUCV K5 Blazer with the 6.2L turbodiesel to do 25mpg highway, double what the gas versions were doing ;)

Current diesel cars are also just about the same, with improved emissions and stuff:rolleyes:

My laugh of the day was listening to two state Dems argue about how terrible it is that Oregon death rate went up so much from a few years ago.

They all but blamed it on Trump and a torn up politically intollerant nation.

All these fatalities… hand wringing - studies need to be done to figure out what can be done. Funny thing is, the uptick in death exactly co-incides with the increased speed statewide. What was 55-60 mph and generally survivable, is now 65-75 mph and generally not. LOL. Basic physics - no mystery.

Where I grew up death rates on the road are 10 times what they are here. Old clapped out vehicles and a certain fatalism, coupled to a lack of enforcement - 90-120mph normal commutes. No idea why I survived.
One in 10 died in a wreck.

Federal DOT did a study on highway speeds and found out that speed is much less important in the number of accidents than the difference in speed in the traffic. I.E., when the difference between a car (or cars) is 15 MPH or greater, then the chance of an injury accident is greatly increased. So yes, if you go 55 MPH and have an accident then you are less likely to be seriously injured or die, but you are also less likely to have an accident in the first place if your speed is the same as the rest of the traffic, regardless of the speed.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads