JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Honestly, all of these are consistent across the nation, it's the simple lack of knowledge and respect for others.

I live in a mostly 2 lane road area, we have a few miles of 2 lanes, but only a few miles, once off the 101 Hwy network and into the I-5, big city area, then the game is even bigger and faster.

2 things that really irk me, driving the speed limit of say 45 or 55 and some jerk can't wait pulls out right in front of you, causing you to brake hard only to see them make the very next left or right turn...

The other one is the utter lack of following the laws are "BICYCLES"...!!! AHH...

I won't even start with the older folks driving those 50' Land Yachts, summer is near and so are they...

I just got back from Idaho looking for a new place to live. I have spent many years on the road driving as a professional and this last trip told me if you don't want to deal with bad drivers then don't live around them.:D I blame kali drivers for how bad it's gotten to drive around here, the lack of courtesy and the crowding of the roads. It' only going to get worse.:confused:

One of my Pet Peeves!
Is the individual who is driving down the Interstate at 50-55 MPH weaving out of their lane in front of you in a 70 MPH Zone. And when you do finally get to go by them with out them coming into your lane, they are Texting! I usually blow the horn, point at them and show them my phone. Like I am calling authorities. In my home state I show them my Badge! I retired full time after almost 30 years from the Indianapolis Metro area, but presently a Reserve County Sheriff's Deputy in Tennessee. That usually ends the texting pronto! Seems they have a tendency to drop way back behind me at that point like they are invisible. I have even had them get off on the next exit in the boondocks where I am sure that is not where they were planning on going! Like for example a California plate turning off at an exit in Tennessee with only hills and fields no gas stations or anything!:p I despise people doing that! It is dangerous to everyone and in most states as we know, it's against the law!

Sniper 03

Last Edited:
Being raised in Reno, only a few minutes from the Californian border, I learned to drive with Californians.

So now that I live up here, I drive like a nut on purpose. The overly defensive Oregonians simply have no idea how to handle such a radical driver and get the hell out of the way.

I'm certain Oregonians, which I guess I'm one of now, think anyone not driving defensively is a terrorist.

God forbid you honk at someone or flash your brights! They look at you like you just mowed down a pedestrian or killed a baby seal.

I hate it when a semi truck or large commercial truck thinks they need to drive in left lane.
You know why we drive in the left lane in City BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET ON A FREEWAY AT SPEED OR MERGE because they are to busy talking on there phone .to look over there shoulder to see a truck doing 60 mph

I'll start.

Its ANNOYING when the person in front of me is doing 5 under, and when I speed up to pass that driver, they decide oh its time to go faster, thereby making it UNSAFE for BOTH drivers, because now I gotta get my speed even higher just so I can completely pass the idiot driver.:mad::mad::mad::mad:. Its not just the I-5 Corridor (more often tho), but also on the smaller two-lane highways (more dangerous yaknow?)

Its also infuriating when I'm already going 5 over, they have to ride my tailgate because apparently safe distance means nothing to them.:mad::mad:

Dont get me started on people who cant be bothered to actually get into the median (between the yellow stripes) for turning left.
Welcome to my life all day every day dealing with idots DRIVEING texting talking on the phone not paying attention to the traffic around them

If you are going to pull out in front of me, please go the speed limit.

But, I can't count how many times there won't be anyone in my mirror, but someone just has to pull out causing me to brake.

I ride, so at stop lights, please get close enough to help trigger the light. But, not when we are moving.
Bikes can accelerate quick, but braking is slower than cars.

Use the pull offs. Properly. Slow vehicle pull outs are not lanes, you are not to drive in them like a lane - use them like the center yellow left turn.

No, I don't want to drag race you.

Being raised in Reno, only a few minutes from the Californian border, I learned to drive with Californians.

So now that I live up here, I drive like a nut on purpose. The overly defensive Oregonians simply have no idea how to handle such a radical driver and get the hell out of the way.

I'm certain Oregonians, which I guess I'm one of now, think anyone not driving defensively is a terrorist.

God forbid you honk at someone or flash your brights! They look at you like you just mowed down a pedestrian or killed a baby seal.
That was you? ;)

I been driving a truck for 22 years I can spot a texting driver .
Believe it or not they drive just like a drunk driver .speed up slow down speed up can't stay in there lane .idots

People on their damn cell phones not paying attention to the road. This is especially true at stop lights. The light goes green and everyone has to wait or honk to get you to move.

I never have PROBLEMS with bikes they usually speed up and get on the highway pretty fast and they can't really text and ride lol

?u=http%3A%2F%2Ftacticalol.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2FcEqdj.jpg
At least he has his Hi-Viz straps !

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimages2.phoenixnewtimes.com%2Fimager%2Fu%2Foriginal%2F6645871%2Ftexting_cop.jpg

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.joe-ks.com%2Farchives_sep2012%2FMotorcycleTexting.jpg

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fen.zockme.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F08%2FRiding-Texting.png

perezhilton.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F08%2Fsteve-martin-texting-bike-bicycle-ride__oPt.jpg

You know why we drive in the left lane in City BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET ON A FREEWAY AT SPEED OR MERGE because they are to busy talking on there phone .to look over there shoulder to see a truck doing 60 mph

THIS ^^^ drives me crazy. Drives me crazy because I can't really blame the big rigs, yet slower traffic is supposed to keep to the right. What I have found is that when I'm relegated to the right of three lanes, I 205, I 5....Relegated because (I WILL NOT RUN the middle of three lanes if I'm not passing cars in the right lane). People getting on the highway had better accelerate because I'm not hitting my brakes for them. They have to be the one to stab the brakes and pull in behind me.

People on their damn cell phones not paying attention to the road. This is especially true at stop lights. The light goes green and everyone has to wait or honk to get you to move.

Any more people behind the inconsiderate don't even give a little "Wake-Up" honk! You sit there for 10 seconds being the THIRD car in line and finly honk and the idiot behind the idiot gives YOU the stink-eye!

THIS ^^^ drives me crazy. Drives me crazy because I can't really blame the big rigs, yet slower traffic is supposed to keep to the right. What I have found is that when I'm relegated to the right of three lanes, I 205, I 5....Relegated because (I WILL NOT RUN the middle of three lanes if I'm not passing cars in the right lane). People getting on the highway had better accelerate because I'm not hitting my brakes for them. They have to be the one to stab the brakes and pull in behind me.

Any more people behind the inconsiderate don't even give a little "Wake-Up" honk! You sit there for 10 seconds being the THIRD car in line and finly honk and the idiot behind the idiot gives YOU the stink-eye!
In Oregon and Washington trucks are not allowed to go in the far left lane on a three lane road or a 4 lane hwy the far left lane is for passing and that's it trucks can't run or even use the left not even to pass .
But sometimes we do just because there are two idiots DRIVEING next to each other in the right lanes like there holding hands or something

It's been a law for a long time that the #1 lane or the left lane is for passing you are supposed to pass and move back to the right even on a 3 or 4 or 5 lane hwy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top