JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'll start.

Its ANNOYING when the person in front of me is doing 5 under, and when I speed up to pass that driver, they decide oh its time to go faster, thereby making it UNSAFE for BOTH drivers, because now I gotta get my speed even higher just so I can completely pass the idiot driver.:mad::mad::mad::mad:. Its not just the I-5 Corridor (more often tho), but also on the smaller two-lane highways (more dangerous yaknow?)

Its also infuriating when I'm already going 5 over, they have to ride my tailgate because apparently safe distance means nothing to them.:mad::mad:

Dont get me started on people who cant be bothered to actually get into the median (between the yellow stripes) for turning left.

Yah then there's folks like that troll guy on here (Chem trail guy) who pride themselves on doing the exact speed limit in the left lane on the five & such. Lotsa folks like that out here.

Mind you, at the same time, there are also a whole bunch of courteous & respectful drivers out here. Far far moreso than back East, for sure IMO. It's just the overly cautious ones riding the left that bug me.

Not the end of the world, just wish they would remain to the right is all.

Plus I haven't been flipped off in a long while! I'm thinking twice since we've been back here this time (3 years), ...and I haven't flipped but 1 driver off either (VW campervan doing 45 on the 5 in the left N of Eugene, causing semis to weave and bob).

Back East? Getting flipped off & flipping folks off is a daily, kinda like a how ya doin ? Except in "sign" LOL @CamoDeafie - im sure there's "nicer" ways to put it in sign. Out here now mostly I do a thumbs up or a peace, rather than a flip off...cause a LOTTA FOLKS out here are wrapped up way too tight.

I really despise folks that......
1. drive like its the Indy 500 and constantly change multiple lanes without signals. funny thing, you usually always get to the same traffic light as they do.
2. dont respect the laws and motor vehicle codes
3. drive fast and crazy cause they are to lazy to get their butts outta bed and leave at a decent time prior to getting to their final destination.
4. cant save their own butts in an incident. (refer to the AAA thread started here a few days back)

i will get off my toot now!

I drive dump truck and trailer currently I am driving from West Salem to East Salem and I hate all of you. My best guess is about 10% of the people on the road actually know how to drive the other 90 could careless.

How bout the folks who decide to slam on their brakes and make their turn without using turn signals? Thats also annoying and a big reason I tend to leave PLENTY of space between me and the vehicle in front of me.

Or those who thinks two vehicles going 5 over in rural roads warrants being passed all at once with seconds to merge into legal passing areas on the "no passing" sections:eek:

Lots of grumpy pissed off people on this thread. Life's full of pitfalls.
Not grumpy or P O'd, just tought and raised in a far better time with compassion and respect for stuff.

I just drove thru Idaho and utah 2 weeks back. We oregonians really are not ready for 80 and 85 mph as your roads are. Although 6 lanes thru SLC at 80+ moves right along!

I won't even start.....YET!

One good thing though is the $300,000.00 Portland spent on the "20 IS PLENTY" program where all streets that WERE 25mph magically became 20mph a week or so ago. Quit a few of those streets, in my hood, were just dropped from 30mph to 25mph a year or so ago. We're talking streets that are used to get across town, "Arterial", not little residential side roads through neighborhoods. That was 2000 NEW 210mph signs after the NEW 25mph signs awhile back. It's probably a good thing though....The people in inner NE won't go a speed limit anyway, even on dry, clear, low traffic times. Not to mention going slow is the best considering all the pot-holes and runs of terrible rough ruts on the through streets. o_O

Oh yeah, that 300K came from pot taxes.

Dammit, I wasn't going to start, yet.

Not grumpy or P O'd, just tought and raised in a far better time with compassion and respect for stuff.

I just drove thru Idaho and utah 2 weeks back. We oregonians really are not ready for 80 and 85 mph as your roads are. Although 6 lanes thru SLC at 80+ moves right along!

Spent five days in The Salt Lake Valley end of Feb. We drove down and back. Damn it was great!

Lol!!!!
Utah drivers are the worst in the nation...

Spent five days in The Salt Lake Valley end of Feb. We drove down and back. Damn it was great!

Same here and utah used to have the worst drivers anywhere. i would hear more horns honked and idiots looking to get to the promise land early in utah than anywhere but vegas, i still can't figure how skid marks get 10ft up a wall.

Lol!!!!
Utah drivers are the worst in the nation...

When we were on the road through Ideeho listening to the morning show on KSL, we heard about the rivalry between the states. Some funny stuff. But I'm going to disagree with you. We drove around for about an hour in Boise, pre afternoon rush hour, and I saw things very similar to the morons in Portland diving habits.

When we were on the road through Ideeho listening to the morning show on KSL, we heard about the rivalry between the states. Some funny stuff. But I'm going to disagree with you. We drove around for about an hour in Boise, pre afternoon rush hour, and I saw things very similar to the morons in Portland diving habits.
That's cause the Portland freaksmoved in

oregon is much more consistent in their lack of driving skill and courtesy. also much more engaging in idaho.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top