JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have no knowledge of JW's sobriety, but Betty Ford clinics were founded 3 years after his death.
Then I have the clinic name wrong. I was blessed in having a mentor who had a dark history with drink. It was only after many years of working with him that I learned of his years of alcoholism, and him meeting the Duke at a Portland treatment center multiple times, which I mistook for the Betty Ford Clinic.
Everything came to a hard stop for him when he struck and killed pedestrian while driving drunk. I started working for him a few years after that.

Asked wife about this. She said the more she drinks (she doesn't) the less she would have to remember and the quicker she can go to sleep (possibly in the middle of it too).

If I'm carrying I forego anything alcoholic.

If you have use your handgun for self defense and later a L.E. smells booze on your breath, circumstances may abruptly change and not in your favor...

For me this means, I drink only at home with no plans to leave.

Doc says I can't drink. But even when I could I thought drinking and carrying was a bad combo or idea. If involved in a SD shooting, it's bad enough that I carry a dirty, modified handgun, but alcohol in my bloodstream too... an opposing lawyer's dream!!!

If I'm carrying I forego anything alcoholic.

If you have use your handgun for self defense and later a L.E. smells booze on your breath, circumstances may abruptly change and not in your favor...

For me this means, I drink only at home with no plans to leave.
True. I don't even have a single drink if I'm anywhere that I'm responsible for getting home. Not even a taste. Overly cautious to some but when you've had a problem with the drink, you take it easy.

Ok, I drink and I smoke. NOT the devils lettuce, just to be clear, cigarettes. I've been carrying and "drinking" for a great amount of years. NEVER has my gun been pulled, even when bubblegum got tight. I tend to waver on this issue. I, ME PERSONALLY, have no issue with it. But there are those who choose to make it a biggest penis thing. THATS when bubblegum goes south. Of all the years (and all of the people that I PERSONALLY know) that I've spent in bars, (and all of those people were carrying) not once has a firearm been drawn.....And I've spent A LOT of time in bars.......just my 2C:s0033:

Last Edited:
His Asian Name is better than Marion!

Chan Wang

Sad nothing john Wayne on Netflix. Want to rename his airport.

Nothing like rewriting the history books!

Maybe that's what's wrong with everybody?

Gosh, even YouTube has John Wayne movies. Also the Western Classics channel on Roku has some of his early movies... you know, the ones with his jeans cuffs rolled up! :D

Chan Wang Airport.... oh Westminster would love it!!! LOL

I rarely drink anymore, but I did carry the last time I did, never even thought about it with all three shots (Straight Bourbon shots that is, no ice) Not a problem to me or for me.

I like to drink. Not a lot but enough that my judgement could be called into question should the need to use a firearm arise. Therefore if I'm drinking in public I dont carry. Yes, I'd rather drink a few beverages than carry a gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top