JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I never said it is okay or wrong to carry a gun and get drunk but I do say it is alright to perform self defense when needed at any point in your life. There is an absolute right to life, liberty & pursuit of happiness to every man. There are no exceptions but there are alot of excuses.

I think I agree, while it seems like trouble/lawsuit/trouble/etc. waiting to happen... Chariot13 is right when saying "There is an absolute right to life, liberty & pursuit of happiness to every man. There are no exceptions but there are alot of excuses." All I'm gonna say is if your good and smart enuf to carry... do so! But let's keep it safe out there guys! I think common sense and brains are like an appendix to alot of human beings these days. (unused/not needed!) We may not be eating rocks anymore but sure seems alot of us have them in their heads now! Wow, drinking and carrying....what's next a thread why we should be able to drink and drive since it too is a right... oops I meant privilege!?!!

Actually there are limits...even to self defense. Your rights end where mine begin and you have no right to defend yourself in an irresponsible manner that endangers innocent people around you.

I know people that if you put a bottle of vodka in front of them they cannot just pour two or three drinks they "must" kill it. I don't have that issue, the day I can't handle a couple drinks/tokes and still make cognitive, moral decisions feel free to shoot me.

Dude tits, you always got something good to add man!!!! :) I agree with Titsonritz actually!!! Best statement so far!

Actually there are limits...even to self defense. Your rights end where mine begin and you have no right to defend yourself in an irresponsible manner that endangers innocent people around you.

Thats where i respectfully disagree again. Simply because every man can say "your rights end where mine begin" since we're talking about Life, Liberty and a Pursuit of Happiness. It is endowed by something not imperfect and biased like man (i heard). The idea behind liberty is not to be determined by the masses over an individual anymore than by an individual over the masses.

Freedom is scary because it truly is free and thats why so many people wish to restrict & not have it. Everyone has their own definition to Freedom and nobody owns another person enough to say you must define things how i say to define it above yourself. Therefore you can define it how you did in your above statement & i can define it how i wish to define it. ;)

Cheers

Thats where i disagree again. Simply because every man can say "your rights end where mine begin" since we're talking about Life, Liberty and a Pursuit of Happiness. It is endowed by something not imperfect and biased like man (i heard). The idea behind liberty is not to be determined by the masses over an individual anymore than by an individual over the masses.

Freedom is scary because it truly is free and thats why so many people wish to restrict & not have it. Everyone has their own definition to Freedom and nobody owns another person enough to say you must define things how i say to define it above yourself. Therefore you can define it how you did in your above statement & i can define it how i wish to define it. ;)

Cheers

Nicely put!!

It is legal to carry concealed into an establishment that serves alcohol in Oregon.

In Washington it is illegal only in the following condition:

RCW 9.41.300: Weapons prohibited in certain places

(1) It is unlawful for any person to enter the following places when he or she knowingly possesses or knowingly has under his or her control a weapon:
(d) That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age;

Yep, here in Vancouver McGrath's has a sign at the entrance that says the same thing although they try to make it seem like it's the whole restaurant that's a no carry zone. They serve children in every area except the bar so it's perfectly legal to carry outside the bar area.

-the ORS says nothing about guns and alcohol
-your life is no less valuable or defendable because you've had a couple drinks, or a couple bottles, or a couple joints, or lines, or slams of heroin
-a good shoot will always be a good shoot

i've been, at times, a hard drinker, a no drinker, a church goer, a brawler, a "drug" user, a straight lacer, and a million more- through it all, i've been a gun-toter, and though i might change a few things if i could, i wouldn't ever go back and tell myself, "i think you should leave the gun in the truck for this one."

just try to keep the stoopid bubblegum down to a simmer and you should be OK.

-your life is no less valuable or defendable because you've had a couple drinks, or a couple bottles, or a couple joints, or lines, or slams of heroin

i've been, at times, a hard drinker, a no drinker, a church goer, a brawler, a "drug" user, a straight lacer, and a million more- through it all, i've been a gun-toter, and though i might change a few things if i could, i wouldn't ever go back and tell myself, "i think you should leave the gun in the truck for this one."

I agree completely.

i would just think of it as a zero tolerance kinda thing fella!! if you doo have to use youre weapon and you are under the influence of one thing or another you may be charged.

i would just think of it as a zero tolerance kinda thing fella!! if you doo have to use youre weapon and you are under the influence of one thing or another you may be charged.

If you use your weapon properly -- even under the influence : There should be no crime or charges.

If you do NOT use your weapon -- just merely possess it under the influence: There should be no crime or charges.

You don't get charged for DUI for just possessing your car. You have to actually be operating the car, do something wrong with it (weave, hit something, failure to signal, etc) -- get pulled over and then be tested for alcohol. I don't see why guns should be any different.

If you use your weapon properly -- even under the influence : There should be no crime or charges.

If you do NOT use your weapon -- just merely possess it under the influence: There should be no crime or charges.

You don't get charged for DUI for just possessing your car. You have to actually be operating the car, do something wrong with it (weave, hit something, failure to signal, etc) -- get pulled over and then be tested for alcohol. I don't see why guns should be any different.

it's just not a good idea you have to know that. carrying a pistol is a responsibility and a serious thing. drinking and driving is reckless and so is carrying and drinking.

If people could exercise common sense, restraint, and not be generally stupid while under the influence of substances then this thread would never have been created because there would not be a question.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

it's just not a good idea you have to know that. carrying a pistol is a responsibility and a serious thing. drinking and driving is reckless and so is carrying and drinking.

So when you go drinking, do you do it in a padded cell with your shoelaces removed, making sure no sharp objects are present, all of the electrical outlets are plugged up with child-proof fillers, no pool cues, clubs, bottles, or other makeshift weapons are around? Does the swimming pool have to be emptied, the women (or men in your case) locked away, and the matches and lighters removed?

If this is the case for you, then I suggest you never even take a sip of alcohol -- never!

So when you go drinking, do you do it in a padded cell with your shoelaces removed, making sure no sharp objects are present, all of the electrical outlets are plugged up with child-proof fillers, no pool cues, clubs, bottles, or other makeshift weapons are around? Does the swimming pool have to be emptied, the women (or men in your case) locked away, and the matches and lighters removed?

If this is the case for you, then I suggest you never even take a sip of alcohol -- never!

Preach on, brother pchewn!

+1

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads