JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are we talking a new non skid coating inside on the floor or new aluminum hull bottom ? I believe all the Alumawelds use an extrusion at the chine so that could be tricky? Might have to go back to Alumaweld.

Don't know anything about it but couldn't you just cut a piece of diamond plate to fit? Just throwing out ideas.
6C58208B-778C-4C0B-A0C9-BADCEBDC26F9.jpeg

Drift boat floors are usually plywood wrapped on top with the rough sheeting. They are easy to make. Cut the plywood to shape. Bevel the edges with a router. Glue the sheeting on. Epoxy the underside for a little more water resistance. Then screw down to the runners in the bottom of the boat.

Modern driftboat floors :

1) SkidGuard
Marine plywood with embossed non-skid surface
Black in color
My Willie has this.

2) Diamond plate
Becoming more popular all the time
If not "etched" it's super bright in summer....also hot in summer
I believe Koffler has a good etching process

Both are typically riveted to the hull runners.
Mine has 3/16" wide flange rivets.

I just finished replacing my floor. Alumaweld from 1982(?).

I used 1/2" plywood. I cut it to fit. Had it shot (all sides) with bedliner and riveted it down. Looks good. Lasts for years. Non slip. Effectively water proof.

It's light weight. A light boat handles/rows easier.

The gap on the left side of the front section is intentional. Propane line for the front heater lays in that gap. Behind the rowers seat the floor and aluminum rail below are tapped for propane tank base installed when it gets cold and removed for warm weather use.

I had Doug at Diamond Back boats in Veneta add additional braces to create level floor in front of the front passengers seat....much easier on the ankles after a day of fishing. Minimal cost and a huge improvement.

Should have everything back in the boat this week end.
Looks good for a 40 year old boat.....

Doug at Diamond Back in Veneta or Joe at Koffler in Eugene can advise.

**It's light weight**

Drift boat floor 1.jpg Drift boat floor 2.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads