Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Dried Vegies like in cup o noodles

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by Mark W., May 9, 2016.

1. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Does anyone know where to buy mixed dried veggies like would be found in a Cup O Noodle? Something leaning towards Bulk packaging like maybe a Quart or so at a time.

They also come in some of the other Top Ramen Japanese type noodle add hot water type dishes.

mjbskwim and erudne like this.
  2. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

3. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

Most of the Freeze Dried foods suppliers sell this kinda stuff. I've bought it in the past from honeyville. I think there are cheaper vendors out there, I've noticed a lot of people are moving away from honeyville recently.

4. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Thanks I've been looking for a source

5. cigars

cigars Beaverton, USA Cav Scout/Armorer/Cold War/Communist Borders Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Winco bulk section.

erudne and mjbskwim like this.
  6. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Costco online, for dried veggies/mixed! I have a bucket of them and Costco delivers for free!

erudne and mjbskwim like this.
  7. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Good idea
    Thanks

erudne likes this.
  8. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Asian stores carry it. Probably more expensive then bulk but it will have the more traditional Asian veggies like cabage etc then the Mercian versions.

erudne likes this.
  9. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Personally I would weigh the price against an in home freeze drier or cheaper still a dehydrator and vacuum sealer; it all depends on your personal situation, of course, and don't forget, sans a nuke/bio attack there will always be Poke Salad;)

Joe13 likes this.
  10. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

:eek:o_O

erudne likes this.
  11. Mark W.

I have a dehydrator and a Seal a Meal But the idea of harvesting a dozen different vegies and processing them to be dehydrated then going through the time of that process then bagging and sucking. So I can make some better tasting top ramen is a little outside my needs.

mjbskwim and Joe13 like this.
  12. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

I've done that but gave up because it took too much time and energy for a little return and the dried food didn't taste all that good. Good for snacks I think, but negative on the long term.

mjbskwim and Joe13 like this.
  13. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Note to self:cool:
    Scratch dehydrator off of build listo_O

14. Camelfilter

Camelfilter Salem Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Looks like that Harmony House backpackers box is the best / easiest prepackaged assortment.

Pretty handy!

Packit Gourmet has one a bit pricier, but I think it has a little bit more in variety.

I'm trying to think of the Company I used years ago backpacking. They were relatively new at the time, so may have changed names. Anyways they'd pack up any small quantities you wanted, and had pre-made meals. I remember them because I could get small vacuum packed bags of maple syrup granules (before I had my own vacuum packer). And small packets of veggies.

When I'd call in my order, they'd give extra tips on how to prepare they're stuff, and would drop ship a bump box wherever you wanted without any issue. Handy on the trail!

Since that time.-For powders & grains - I have gone with King Arthur Flour directly and repacked. Now that I'm out here I do Bobs Red Mill, or thru Winco.

15. Reno911

Reno911 Hillsboro Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Check out Auguson Farms. They have a vegie mix that's in the direction your looking.

16. Mark W.

I use my dehydrator for making fruit leather, Apple, strawberry, pear, apricot, and banana chips. Oh and dried tomatoes.

mjbskwim likes this.
  17. AuntB

AuntB Colorado New Member